Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Applied Ballistics Mobile app

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Gold Member

Re: Applied Ballistics Mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texote View Post
How do i get it to automatically fill out the atmosphere section? Will it even do it?
Noob question but cant figure it out. Thanks

Does shooter app fill out the atmosphere automatically?

Thanks
Do you have a Kestrel for Bluetooth connection? If not, then you will be doing it manually no matter which app you use.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
How do i get it to automatically fill out the atmosphere section? Will it even do it?
Noob question but cant figure it out. Thanks

Does shooter app fill out the atmosphere automatically?

Thanks
They both will. You have 2 choices, using Bluetooth , or on the first page when you open the app. In the lower right corner the little round insignia, choose it and then check the box "Automatic Atmosphere" That will locate you by using GPS and between that and the closest weather station will input the current field data for your position for you. You will have to have cell service for this mode. We have tested this and it was surprisingly accurate. But I still choose to manually enter it as I am usually out of cell.

Jeff
Old 02-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Silver Member

Ok cool that makes sense. Now two questions

1) what kestrel is recommended? will any other than the ballistic kestrel work?

2) is there any website that accurately gives the information?

Thanks
Old 02-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ok cool that makes sense. Now two questions

1) what kestrel is recommended? will any other than the ballistic kestrel work?

2) is there any website that accurately gives the information?

Thanks
Yes, there are a few models but it needs to have the BT option. I would go to Kestrel's website and they have a comparison chart there. Note some models are available with or without BT.

Jeff
Old 02-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
They both will. You have 2 choices, using Bluetooth , or on the first page when you open the app. In the lower right corner the little round insignia, choose it and then check the box "Automatic Atmosphere" That will locate you by using GPS and between that and the closest weather station will input the current field data for your position for you. You will have to have cell service for this mode. We have tested this and it was surprisingly accurate. But I still choose to manually enter it as I am usually out of cell.

Jeff
Hey Jeff

I'm on an Android phone, and I don't see an insignia. When I open the app I have a blank screen that says applied ballistics at The top, with firearms library right underneath it

Thanks
Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hey Jeff

I'm on an Android phone, and I don't see an insignia. When I open the app I have a blank screen that says applied ballistics at The top, with firearms library right underneath it

Thanks
I am on an older Droid X. On that page I have Applied Ballistics at the top. Below that my list of firearms, then at the bottom I have the "add firearm" tab in the center, a smaller square back tab on the left of that and a small square that is a edit preferences tab on the right of the add firearm tab.

Jeff
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM

Is there support for internal barometric pressure sensor (if exist) for Android devices ?