Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Anyone used the DIY Teflon/Moly paint?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Bronze Member

Anyone used the DIY Teflon/Moly paint?

I have an older 700 bdl that is not very attractive but shoots pretty good. I have thought about bulding a custom rig, but can not bring myself to spend the money. Therefore, for the time being, I thought about buying a new stock and applying the teflon/moly oven cure paint from Brownells to beautify it and protect the action and barrel. Has anyone ever used this product? Is it easy to use? Are there any ways to cure it if you don't have a big oven? Does it look professional, or should I go ahead and spend the money and let a gunsmith do it? Thanks.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Anyone used the DIY Teflon/Moly paint?

cbaker

I thought about doing just an action so I called Brownells and talked to one of the techs. He said there's no reason it couldn't be done at home using a kitchen oven but he also said that they highly recommend sand or bead blasting before applying. He said there's a chance of incomplete adherance if the surface is not roughed up first. that kinda turned me off to it since i don't have any way to sand blast.