Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Anyone use a Seb rest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member

Anyone use a Seb rest?

Curious as to the functionality and quality of this coaxial front rest. Did the rest show up in good condition being shipped from Indonesia? How was customer service and how long did it really take to get it after the order was placed?
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Anyone use a Seb rest?

GG:

I don't have one....yet, but I've been following them and reading about them for some time now. All of the responses I've read from people about the rest have been positive. The quality and workmanship evidently are top notch.

I know that at one time he was trying to set someone up in the states to be a supplier but I don't know if that ever happened or not.

For anyone interested "Here is Seb's web site."

You can also do a search on "Benchrest Central" and get a ton of information.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:42 PM
SPONSOR

I have visited with Sebastian several times via email and hope to have one of his rests come spring. I think they are a top notch product. send him an email he would be glad to visit with you and answer any questions you have.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks guys. I emailed him and I'm awaiting a response. From what I have seen of his ads and from what I have heard from guys using them, they appear to be a great valued rest. Seems to be about half the cost of the Farley.

I'll let you know what Seb said. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Silver Member

Yes, I do. It is well engineered, crafted not assembled, arrived blemish free and is a joy to use. I rate it a perfect 10. Suggest you bank wire the funds as the optimum way to tranfer moneys and suggest you get his bags. Unit came with metric tools and built in level. Highly recommend!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Overbore [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Gold Member

I dont have any experience with the Seb,but when they were first introduce I believe the price was well under $400 and they're now up to $475. Id have to believe that with shipping it would be coming pretty close to the Farley coaxial price and if something was ever needed for it I'd have to think it'd be much more convenient dealing with a distributor in the States.Im not knocking the Seb at all but until a dealer is established here I'd spend my money on the Farley but thats just my opinion.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:25 PM

Ys, i use the Seb rest. It's a real craftmanship.

In September-2006 i was at European Championship in Benchrest in Spain. Jim Kelbly was the range officer.....

I used Seb rest and bring home 3-gold medals, and one silver [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]