Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Anyone use Richard Microfit Stocks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Silver Member

Location: I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the Houston area so I can afford to live outdoors!
Anyone use Richard Microfit Stocks?

I went to their web site last night and they have some nice target/tactical type stocks...some real nice patterns in a laminate too. They have one pattern that I like a bunch that is on "special" right now...thumb hole...finger grooves...vented forend...for only $150!

I would like to add some weight to LSS 7mmRUM I bought last week. I'd rather not put a muzzle break on it. It is very lite right now and I bet it's gong to beat ya up pretty bad. I just finished beding and floating last night. I also install a Limb-Saver recoil pad as well. I hope to get some range time with it next week.

Anyway...any have any opinions on how they feel? Are their designs similar to the big names in the stock market?
Old 12-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Silver Member

I have 2 of there stocks and will not have any more. Thet are way to much work to get to fit right.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Gold Member

I have one and will probably not get another. They are nice stocks but as Lost Creek said they require a great deal of work.
James
Old 12-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Silver Member

Location: I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the Houston area so I can afford to live outdoors!
I have sent two blanks to them and I finshed them both out. I guess I'm too dumb to realize it was a lot of work! LOL j/k

I was hopping someone might have used the target/varmit/tacticals to see how their contures compared other brands.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member

Send Joel Russo a PM and ask to see some of his stocks. You get to choose your color pattern and many of the things like the fore end width can be changed. It might cost a little more but you get great service and a stock that is the way you want it.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Silver Member

Thanks Buffb, I will.

Does he have a web site to check out until I hear back from him?
Old 12-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member

Captn C

I have 2 Richards, a Tactical and a Culbertson both are very nice shooting stock especially prone. Both however took a ton of work to get finished.

I also have one of Joels stocks and another one on order right now. If you want a laminate do yourself a favor and talk to Joel, easy to talk to and work with and can order any color you want.

Chris