Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Anyone own a 7mm 300 Win Mag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Silver Member

Re: Anyone own a 7mm 300 Win Mag?

You started off knowing you were gonna stir the pot so pretty much yeah, keep it to your self. We are not debating any cartridges on this thread, just sharing info on it and what we are seing in our experiences.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Yes, 7mm 300 Win Mag.

How does it differ from a 7mm Rem Mag?

Jeff
I'm not sure that is does. However, if it does, a couple clicks on the scope of my 7RM will appear to nullify any gains.

If you want a wildcat, then go for it! But, don't say the 338 is the next step.

Anything your 7 will do, my 300 WM will do better, especially with the new high bc bullets appearing on the market.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGSHOOTER View Post
Why not just load up those .300 WM cases with 30 cal, and go hunting?

I don't mean to offend anybody, but you must admit, there is so much baloney being spoken here.

You know, like if 7mm isn't good enough, we must jump right to 338 cal.

Everyone knows that the .300 Win Mag is the go everywhere, do everything cartridge for North America.
Well Guys!!! Something told me the other day that something like this was gonna happen!!!!! Again!!! I might have been the start of it, I don't know!! But if I was, again, apologizes to all!!!!! That being said!!!!,,,, thanks to everybody that is on this tread for the great info you have givin me about the 7/300!!!!!! Broz! Thank You, Thank You for all of your help both on here an private messages!! I think I have made a friend in you an others on here!!! I'm just too old an tired to beat on my chest about who, what ,when,where, how much,how high, etc!! The list goes on an on!!! Again many thanks to those that have shared the info they have about the 7/300 an those that have helped me!!!! Great Shooting To All!!! Be Safe !!! Most Of All, May GOD Bless Each An Every One!!!! I'm outta here!!!!

DT
Old 08-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Silver Member

Dt,
Your no the start of it, so dont worry about that and if i would have know about the pm before i wouldhave said nothong to you.

What if we all who have, will have or are interested in having a 7-300Or varient seal this off and start a new one. Besides lets call this one version one, it makes for a long read.

Anyone agree
Old 08-30-2013, 02:11 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calib View Post
Dt,
Your no the start of it, so dont worry about that and if i would have know about the pm before i wouldhave said nothong to you.

What if we all who have, will have or are interested in having a 7-300Or varient seal this off and start a new one. Besides lets call this one version one, it makes for a long read.

Anyone agree
Calib!!!
You an I are fine, we're good!!! If I would have been in your shoes the other day, I would have done the same thing!!!! No need to apologize!!! You an I are just fine! With respects to Broz, because he started this tread, I think we really need to ask him to shut this thing down!! To me that's showin respect to him as the original OP. As far as another tread on this topic, Great!!! I'm in!!! All I'm waiting on is a barrel an then I can finish this thing!! Calib! You an I have been on other threads together an we are for the most part all ways on the same mind set!!! I said I was outta here, but felt like I had to answer the last post out of respect to you!!
DT
Old 08-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGSHOOTER View Post
I'm not sure that is does. However, if it does, a couple clicks on the scope of my 7RM will appear to nullify any gains.

If you want a wildcat, then go for it! But, don't say the 338 is the next step.

Anything your 7 will do, my 300 WM will do better, especially with the new high bc bullets appearing on the market.
It is, of course, not that simple:
The 7/300 and its variants are capable of superior external ballistics (flatter trajectory and less wind drift) while also exhibiting less recoil than the 300 Win Mag. On the flip side, the 300 generates more kinetic energy and momentum due to its larger caliber bullet.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Silver Member

Thanks, DT

Ill pm him though i am sure he is out hunting