Been a bit slow with this project. Had to get more bullets and in the middle of load development I had a scope start walking right. I changed scopes and imdediatly was sure the other had a windage problem. Sent it in for repair today.
Today I started over with some of the loads I thought should work but nixed due to the bad groups produced by the bad scope.
First load was H-1000 and a CCI 250 with a 180 VLD. It dropped 3 into a very small clover leaf at 100 yards. C/C on the group was .285" I was good with that and moved to the steel for some longer shots and to get mt Exbal program dialed in with this load.
Two shots at 500 yards were 2" apart and bored nice holes right through my 1/2" steel target.
So I moved back to 825 yards and shot from there. It was holding well under 1 moa but I need to get a bigger scope on. I put a 2.5 - 10 x 42 IOR Tactical on her and it is just too small at 800 yards to shoot small groups. If it were not for the MP-8 dot reticle I would not be doing as good as I am. That reticle is easy to place on a target.
The WW brass is looking pretty good with this load and there is no sign of pressure. My Chrony showed it at just under 3200. But I ain't buying that. I will see what exbal says when I get the tragectory right out to 1000.