Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

The thread is closed

anyone have luck getting GS custom bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Bronze Member

anyone have luck getting GS custom bullets

I went throught the USA dealer for GS custom bullets and I ordered 100 rounds of the HV177 bullets. This was back in february and was told the bullets would be here around the first of april well that came and went and still no response from the distributor I have sent him and e-mail with no reply.. I am just wondering if anyone else has had any luck ordering from this guy, he is the one that has the link to his business from the GS website.. I have already paid for the bullets and I am getting a bit frusterated because they are now a month late with no comunication from him... If I dont hear anything soon I am going to go through paypal and try to get my money back...

If any one else knows of another distributor in the USA that would be a help too I dont plan on using this guy again I dont mind too much a product being late but it nice to be kept informed about it..

Thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Lightvarmint

Re: anyone have luck getting GS custom bullets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony 0321 View Post
I went throught the USA dealer for GS custom bullets and I ordered 100 rounds of the HV177 bullets. This was back in february and was told the bullets would be here around the first of april well that came and went and still no response from the distributor I have sent him and e-mail with no reply.. I am just wondering if anyone else has had any luck ordering from this guy, he is the one that has the link to his business from the GS website.. I have already paid for the bullets and I am getting a bit frusterated because they are now a month late with no comunication from him... If I dont hear anything soon I am going to go through paypal and try to get my money back...

If any one else knows of another distributor in the USA that would be a help too I dont plan on using this guy again I dont mind too much a product being late but it nice to be kept informed about it..

Thanks
Tony,

I sent you a PM about the four boxes (200 ct) of the GS HVs that I have left. They will probably get you by until your order comes in.

James
Old 05-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Bronze Member

Tony:
I assume you went through Bryan in AK when ordering your bullets. The wait was longer than expected when I ordered them, but he did respond to my emails. I received my order today, so I would expect you should get them this week as well.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Platinum Member

I ordered the same bullets direct from GS mid Feb and mine are not here either. Went through GS because the guy in AK did not have them on hand and had just made an order and would not order again for another month. Thought I could get them quicker from South Africa.

GS e-mailed back saying that they had increased orders and an equipment break down, this being the reason for the delay.

I very much like the HV bullets, but they are so hard to get, I get discouraged about using them, and think about moving on to something else.

Steve
Old 05-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Lightvarmint

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMT View Post
I ordered the same bullets direct from GS mid Feb and mine are not here either. Went through GS because the guy in AK did not have them on hand and had just made an order and would not order again for another month. Thought I could get them quicker from South Africa.

GS e-mailed back saying that they had increased orders and an equipment break down, this being the reason for the delay.

I very much like the HV bullets, but they are so hard to get, I get discouraged about using them, and think about moving on to something else.

Steve
Steve,

This is intersting drama.

James
Old 05-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightvarmint View Post
Steve,

This is intersting drama.

James
James,

Thank you for the heartfelt concern.

Steve
Old 05-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Gold Member

I was in the same boat until last week. I ordered in January, and I finally got my 338 SPs delivered. There was apparently a problem on the production end and it delayed everything a bunch.

This tends to be my number one gripe about the firearms industry. I have yet to meet a vendor / gunsmith who was willing to contact me and let me know that there was a delay in production, delivery, etc. I am the one that always ends up chasing down the vendor/gunsmith and asking what the heck is going on. Where did the customer service go?

In any event, mine showed up hopefully yours will too (now if I can just get my gunsmith to deliver the darn rifle so that I can shoot them).

JeffVN
The thread is closed