Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

anyone have a 257 wby cdl rem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Gold Member

anyone have a 257 wby cdl rem?

Ive got a new one sitting here. Im waiting till the snows gone to go and try it. Ive got a pile of different loads waiting to try but was wondering how yours shot? Ive heard good and bad about these guns.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Platinum Member

Re: anyone have a 257 wby cdl rem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsmale View Post
Ive got a new one sitting here. Im waiting till the snows gone to go and try it. Ive got a pile of different loads waiting to try but was wondering how yours shot? Ive heard good and bad about these guns.

Ok,you have sparked my interest, what is the "GOOD" news, and what is the bad news? That is a smoking caliber. Your turn! Thanks,AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL. 7 STW.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Gold Member

just that some of the articles ive read seem to show then as being very accurate but ive heard enough rumbling on the internet that went the other way. Some seem to have problems getting them to shoot.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydsmale View Post
just that some of the articles ive read seem to show then as being very accurate but ive heard enough rumbling on the internet that went the other way. Some seem to have problems getting them to shoot.
Bingo, you got it! I just bought a CDL in November in 7 RUM. I could not for the life of me to getthatthing to shoot consistently. I am very meticulous when it comes to getting something to shoot. I tried altering the needing pressure, and even put it in my sendero stock. No change, it found a new zip code to live in. The fit was decent and the wood was gourgeous. The trigger really sucks. I adjusted it and got it fairly decent. It is not like the old Mike Walker triggers by no means. And to be clear, I am a Remington man from way back, but these new ones suck. I lost faith in them awhile back, then falsely regained when I bought the CDL. And lead time on factory services are about 6-7 months , I am told. To me, Remington is like the heartbeat of America, but right now, it is having a cardiac malfarktion. Nuff said! AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL.
7 STW.