Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Anyone ever hear of the 30 FBI ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2003, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Anyone ever hear of the 30 FBI ?

Nighthawk
Last I heard Sam was on vacation again(Happens every time I pay him ;-)anyway shot prairie dogs with him and Mike last weekend and learned a few things that may help.
#1 Sam said something about the PRL bullets getting into mass production but they where going to be a little spendy for prairie dogs @ a buck apiece or a little less.
#2 An elk is is serios trouble with Mike shooting at it @ 2000 yards with the 30Wolf and 210 JLKs...DRT.
#3Customs are a pain in the *****!Burn a barrel out of a couple factory 300 something or anothers with the cheapest ammo you can put together will have you shooting much better than waiting for custom stuff or the funds to aford it.
Couple of thoughts on GS or other long-heavy bullets.You will be waiting a long time for them and you are gona have to gini pig the loads.Sound challenging...it is and expensive to boot.Here is the fun part ,after you spend all the time and money on them your gona find out they have a high BC but fly like $hit in the wind.The PRLs show promise but a long bullet acts like an airplane wing and is blown way off coarse in the wind.
CJ
Old 08-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Gold Member

Nighthawk, FORGET the GS CUSTOM bullets! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] You don't want to even go there. You'll be better off getting in touch with Shaky/ Don over at Groove Bullets, same concept.

As far as the PRL's go they should be coming into mass production here soon (hopefully before the end of the year) and they will be cheaper than they are now.

Mach V, place the order with Sam, get the stuff you wanted and pay him like Wimpy (don't know if you are old enough to remember the Popeye cartoons)and he'll always be around [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] If you do here from him ask if he knows about a 366 coming out soon.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member

Old enough to remember Popeye but those years are kinda hazy.Sam did mention a few weights but didnt remember much after the price as I already have a few rounds that require spendy projectiles and dont need to add to the list.
Sam aint cheap but quality is exelent and turn around time is great!
Texas is right you stand a lot better chance getting bullets out of Don!!
CJ
Old 08-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Silver Member

Why, first of all? Second, I read a website that PRL bullets suck. Supposedly they are inconsistent, all have slightly different tips, and other problems. I'm just looking for a replacement for the 220 J40 other than Matchkings.
[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

[ 08-07-2003: Message edited by: Nighthawk ]
Old 08-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member

Why?is a good question.I read somewhere that Klinton was a good pres too but in the real world things are what they is!I realize I'm wasting my time but like my advice its free so here goes.I've ben trying to get GS to build a heavyer bullet for the 375/50 for two years now and all I get is BS.Do a search on the web and se if you can find anybody stateside that has ben able to get GS bullets,there was talk of a dealer in Texas but have not ben able to confirm?Don has had his problems too but he is starting to supply.
I've seen 210JLKs work just fine to 2000yards in the hands of someone with a clue.Hi-Tec is great but it dont make up for a sound understanding of what it takes to get it done BTDT=CJ
Old 08-07-2003, 08:28 PM
Gold Member

There is a dealer in Houston but, as of now he only has a few 22-358 cal HV's in stock.

If you place an order and send your money now, by the time you get out of the Navy you might have them!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Mach yeah I know Sam is a little spendy but remember you get what you pay for [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I'm waiting for him to get back home, picked up some new toys yesterday and need bullets to try them out [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 08:56 PM

can any boby e-mail me a phone num. for S1
I need to talk to him about a brake that he going to build for me.

thanks