Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Anyone custom a Browning A-Bolt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Anyone custom a Browning A-Bolt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline6power View Post
Since I haven't got the gun yet I don't have the invoice yet but I believe it was near 700 for the barrel but don't quote me on that. I will find out for sure. I have 8 cummins trucks and have been big in the high hp diesel stuff since 2004. Have a couple rigs with over 1k at the wheels for hp
What a coincidence....I drive an 07 6.7 Cummins (slightly modded) and am into diesel performance. Nice to meet you.

Thanks for the info.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
What a coincidence....I drive an 07 6.7 Cummins (slightly modded) and am into diesel performance. Nice to meet you.

Thanks for the info.
No problem and like wise
Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member

Bump for more A-Bolt talk...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 06-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Bronze Member

Had the smith ream my Browning 7 Mag 26" ABolt out to 7STW and used a 375 H&H Mag magazine. Fed great and shot the Barnes 160 tsx bullets at 3150 fps. Randy
Old 06-15-2013, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member

Good info! Thanks for the info Randy.

Quote:
Old 07-27-2013, 11:09 PM

Well, looks like this thread will never die, as I wanted to poke my head into the conversation and say Hi. My 7mm Rem mag was kind of a spontaneous purchase, one that I am slightly regretting seeing how hard it is to find aftermarket parts, but for a factory rifle, I am very pleased. MudRunner, not sure if you handload, but I would be interested in comparing load data, and talking about some different A-bolt options that you have come across.

Thanks,

Connor
Old 07-27-2013, 11:49 PM
Platinum Member

I do handload...What data are you interested in knowing more about?

At the moment I do not have a chrono, so not many of my loads can be 100% verified in MV & ME.

My next purchase will be a MagnetoSpeed V2 chronograph setup. So I will be able to help with that stuff sooner or later.

Quote: