Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Anyone custom a Browning A-Bolt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2013, 07:18 PM

Re: Anyone custom a Browning A-Bolt?

don't know about that, but just to let u know about those 175 gr, they shoot great. was shooting sierra 175 but found some berger, haven't tried them yet. Wish I would've tried light ones awhile ago.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Just a quick question for those in the A-Bolt community.....I have a 7mm RemMag as you all know.....Is it possible for me to buy a Browning A-Bolt 300 RUM magainze and use snap it directly onto my floorplate, that would allow me to mazimize my 7mm RemMag loads on out to full COL's where I could run my hunting loads on out to where they're most accurate, but it would still be a repeater...
Mudrunner all of the long action magazines are the same length, even the ultra mag. What they do is have different spacers in the end of the magazine and the feed lips are formed differently for mag and ultra mag. The easiest thing to increase COAL is to file the aluminum mag spacer down to increase mag length.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks, I was afraid that was gonna be the answer....Guess I'll start doing that when I get back home.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Platinum Member

Bump...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Bronze Member

i still have about 4 weeks till i get mine back from gunwerks. its a browning a bolt thats chambered in their 7lrm with a carbon barrel, Mc Millian adjustable a5 stock, gunwerks g7 nightforce and all the other little goodies i could gather up for it. i cant wait to get it back. will deff post a thread on it when i get it back. its been gone for 8 months now. The biggest hold up has been the stock. mc millian does not do brownings alot so that has been the hold up. soon as the stock shows up, gun will be done.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member

Inline, you drive a Cummins or a rig?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did that barrel blank set you back? That's kind of what I'm looking for since my A-Bolt 7Mag is primarily a hunting rig, so lightweight would be REALLY nice.

I'm looking for a 26" (from lug to crown) .284 1:9 twist, prefer Obermeyer 5R rifling. My smith can custom chamber it, and do all the fitment.

Quote:
Old 06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Inline, you drive a Cummins or a rig?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much did that barrel blank set you back? That's kind of what I'm looking for since my A-Bolt 7Mag is primarily a hunting rig, so lightweight would be REALLY nice.

I'm looking for a 26" (from lug to crown) .284 1:9 twist, prefer Obermeyer 5R rifling. My smith can custom chamber it, and do all the fitment.
Since I haven't got the gun yet I don't have the invoice yet but I believe it was near 700 for the barrel but don't quote me on that. I will find out for sure. I have 8 cummins trucks and have been big in the high hp diesel stuff since 2004. Have a couple rigs with over 1k at the wheels for hp