Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Anybody useing Krieger barrels ? / opponions on them ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

Anybody useing Krieger barrels ? / opponions on them ??

I have noticed that their arn't to many guys here that are shooting Krieger barrels , juts wondering if their was any reason.
I talked to one of their Tech Reps today for a while and they sound as good or better than all the other top end tubes but I'm guessing that anybody that works their isin't gonna bad mouth their products so I was looking for some realy world results and thoughts on how they compair to Hart,Rock and Broughton?

Old 05-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Gold Member

Re: Anybody useing Krieger barrels ? / opponions on them ??

For what it is worth I have a friend who shoots those barrels in 300 Win. Mag. and swears they are accurate and loves them!
Old 05-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Silver Member

Krieger barrels are top notch. Very well made and machine nicely. I have built several rifles with them and all shot fantastic.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

I have 3 riles with Kreiger barrels and they shoot .4 moa are under one in 30-06,one in 270 Win,one in 338 Win Mag They are cut rifled hand lapped barrels I have been very satisfied with them
Old 05-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Gold Member

Kreiger makes excellent barrels. However, in my opinion they are a bit on the soft side and wear out a bit faster than others.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

JDJones,

I have used a few of these barrels when customers request and have full confidence in their quality. If a rifle fitted with a Krieger barrel does not shoot well, it is not the fault of the barrel.

That said, I use Lilja barrels simply because from my experience they are at least the full equal as the Kriegers and don;t take nearly as long to get in from order.

If your looking for a top grade barrel you will not go wrong with choosing a Krieger barrel.

Can;t comment on the barrel life as I do not have a Krieger on any of my personal rifles or handguns, all Liljas.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 05-25-2005, 06:44 AM

I have a Kreiger palma barrel on one of my 300 RUM's that was originally chambered in 308. I had an inch taken off each end and rechambered to the RUM, it had about 350rds as a 308 and now has over 500rds as a RUM and it's as good as any barrel I've used. As a longrange hunting rifle ( 13#'s ) it will shoot 1/2moa to 1000yds ( 3 shots ) if I do my part.
Wayne