Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Anybody know anything about the new Hornady Superformance Interbond?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Gold Member

Anybody know anything about the new Hornady Superformance Interbond?

I have a friend who asked me about the new Hornady Superformance Interbond bullets. He is planning a trip to South Dakota this fall after drawing a deer tag. He plans to use a 300 WM. I told him I have no idea about the round. Anyone have some input for me? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Anybody know anything about the new Hornady Superformance Interbond?

It appears that is brand new.

I've had excellent success with the "normal" Hornady Interbond loads in a couple of 7mm Weatherby rifles, even out to 800 yards. I suspect that the Superformance IB loads will be fine but of course you'll have to shoot some to see if your rifle likes them or not.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:27 AM

I have shot quite a few of the 165g Interbong in a 300 Win Mag.

At our local 300yd range they are consistant .6-.7moa. I went to a friends ranch to get long range zeros and they performed incredibly consistant out to 1200yds.

I used this ammo the past two years in So Africa. This year a good Kudu bull was shot at 450yds, fell and after a struggle regained his feet. Shot again at 475yds and he was down. Both shots through vitals within a few inches of each other. Massive damage to heart and lungs, one bullet found under the skin on far side, other exited.

Gemsbok, Hartebeest and Springbok were shot from 100 to 450yds in the Kalahari later in the week. Every bullet was a great performer.

So yes, they come highly recommended.
Mike
Old 08-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Gold Member

[QUOTE=Michaelvoigt1;538001]I have shot quite a few of the 165g Interbong in a 300 Win Mag.

At our local 300yd range they are consistant .6-.7moa. I went to a friends ranch to get long range zeros and they performed incredibly consistant out to 1200yds.

I used this ammo the past two years in So Africa. This year a good Kudu bull was shot at 450yds, fell and after a struggle regained his feet. Shot again at 475yds and he was down. Both shots through vitals within a few inches of each other. Massive damage to heart and lungs, one bullet found under the skin on far side, other exited.

Gemsbok, Hartebeest and Springbok were shot from 100 to 450yds in the Kalahari later in the week. Every bullet was a great performer.

So yes, they come highly recommended.

Many thanks for your input sir. Sounds like a fun hunting trip as well. Do you have any pictures?
Old 08-21-2011, 01:57 PM

Not sure how these will turn out but I uploaded a couple photos.
58" Kudu and a great Springbok my girlfriend shot.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Anybody know anything about the new Hornady Superformance Interbond?-2011-kudu.jpg   Anybody know anything about the new Hornady Superformance Interbond?-springbok.jpg  

Last edited by Michaelvoigt1; 08-21-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling
Old 08-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelvoigt1 View Post
Not sure how these will turn out but I uploaded a couple photos.
58" Kudu and a great Springbok my girlfriend shot.

Mike
Very nice!!! Thanks for the pics!

Steve
Old 08-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRNA View Post
I have a friend who asked me about the new Hornady Superformance Interbond bullets. He is planning a trip to South Dakota this fall after drawing a deer tag. He plans to use a 300 WM. I told him I have no idea about the round. Anyone have some input for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Just my input. My .270 didn't like em. Your rifle might.