Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Any Savage guys use a Stockade Gunstocks stock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2005, 07:19 AM
Bronze Member

Any Savage guys use a Stockade Gunstocks stock?

I'm looking to replace the factory plastic stock on my Savage FP10le in .308. I looked at the Savage Shooter Supply website and really like the Super VarTac. Anybody have any experience with an SSS stock or a Stockade stock? I'd probably be getting an unfinished stock and finish it myself. Any thoughts/suggestions? thanks-Duff
Old 07-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Any Savage guys use a Stockade Gunstocks stock?

Their stocks are realy nice and a huge improvement over the factory junk. SSS sells them but a fine gunsmith buy the name of Kevin Rayhill makes them and owns the buisness. He specializes in Savages , I find that he is a little easier to get hold of and talk to. Be warned though if he thinks you have a bad idea he is gonna tell you
Old 07-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Silver Member

i have about 5 of the stockade gun stocks. They are as good as any stock on the market. They are a pain in the butt to paint. And as with any painted stock they do get chipped easily. Bell & carslon also make a nice savage tacticle stock that is around $200 retail and is drop in. The stockade stocks are very good but just demand a little paint work know and then. Reed
Old 07-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Silver Member

I just received my Sockade stock from Kevin. I haven't even shot it yet(long story). I ordered it with a 15" LOP and I got a recoil reducer installed and a Limbsaver Pad. Kevin was top-notch to deal with through out. I also waited awhile to put the stock on the action( refer to long story) I found out I needed a longer screw. Kevin rushed it out at NC so I could have the rifle by the weekend. I will eventually restock all my guns with these stocks. They are great and Kevin is great to deal with.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Silver Member

Prarie dog special from Stockade is awesome stock. I'm saving for my second.