Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Any opinions on Bartlien barrels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Silver Member

Any opinions on Bartlien barrels?

Hey Guys,
Going to build a 240 Weatherby. Could not decide between a Lilja or Bartlien barrel. Finally went with the Bartlien because of the 5R rifling. Any comments on experiences with these barrels would really be appreciated. When I re-barrel my 25-06 Ackley Improved I am going with a Lilja. I am also going to build a 300 Win Mag for my daughter. She just loves shooting my factory Remington 300 Win. What is another top barrel company that I should consider?
Thanks in advance & you all have a safe fall hunting season,
Kirk
Old 08-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Gold Member

Re: Any opinions on Bartlien barrels?

Don't count Brux out. I have one and it took about 50 rounds break in but factory ammo was shooting 4 shots touching at 100. Still working on a load to see how reloads shoot. But I am pleased. Others here have been pleased as well
Old 08-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

I have a 1:8 twist on my 284 win and it was a royal PITA to get to shoot. I finally got it dialed in... After 250 rounds of load development... It was shooting .5 MOA at 750 yards yesterday at the shoot in Townsend, so i am happy. It cleans really really easy though.

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 08-18-2013, 12:33 PM

Hart.
All four of my custom builds have Hart barrels and have been very happy with the results.

NB
Old 08-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Platinum Member

It's hard to go wrong with any of the reputable custom barrel makers. I've just had 3 projects done with Broughton barrels and I like the Broughton contours.

I'm considering another project that might require a 7 twist and will go with a Bartlien 5R gain twist for that.

I've got a 22-250 that needs a barrel soon and it will probably get a Benchmark.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Gold Member

I put a Bartlein 5r 1/11.25 twist on my 30-06 good barrel. I've also used Broughton 5c,Krieger 5r and Mike Rock 5r barrels and I also like Lilja barrels.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Silver Member

I have had good success with Lilja, Bartlein, Broughton, and Obermeyer. Obermeyer internal dimensions were a little different. Lilja was the only brand I tried that was not 5r type rifling. I could not tell after thousands of rounds fired that the type of rifling made any difference. These were all chambered in .338 EDGE. The barrels were 30" long. The fastest in order are the Lilja , Bartlein, Broughton and Obermeyer. Gary