Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Any Info on Weatherby mk v trr 338 Lapua

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 06:27 PM

Any Info on Weatherby mk v trr 338 Lapua

I just added this to my list of 338 LMs that fit the price range target that I have. Does anyone own one or has anyone shot one? Any info would be appreciated.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Any Info on Weatherby mk v trr 338 Lapua

The TRR rifles are very accurate. I have a Mark V AccuMark, which is on a similar, but different, level. Similar in quality, hand-fitted, hand-built, and trued here in the USA....But the TRR is more of a tactical rifle.

If you go TRR you should be happy. I love my Accumark.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Silver Member

I work specifically on Weatherby rifles and pistols. People have purchased these and brought them to me to tune up. Absolute excellent rifle so I do not want anyone to mispercieve what I am going to say here....Who in the hell wants one of these? Buy A 338-378 Accumark and shoot the @ss of the 338 Lapua! I can tune it with the factory (Krieger) barrel. adjust the factory trigger. Load some of my proven loads of a 280gr to 300 gr bullets at 3100 plus fps and still get 5 shots per case. I really think the Lapua sells due to media attention and more load development. The 338- 378 Weatherby has no equal until you go wildcat.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Gold Member

+1 on that