Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Accuracy international stocks... Worth the $$$$??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Silver Member

Accuracy international stocks... Worth the $$$$??

Just curious guys are the accuracy international stocks good or are they a waste of money?????
Old 02-25-2010, 08:41 PM

Re: Accuracy international stocks... Worth the $$$$??

Some folks love them, some folks dislike them. I'm in the club that they feel heavy and the thumbhole doesn't work well...for me.

That said, if you (or anyone) go this route, a friend does some really nice lightening work on them to cut some weight (like at least a full pound).

Nice guy so I imagine he's cheap.

Rich
Old 02-25-2010, 08:43 PM

I really like mine. I wouldn't suggest it though if you plan on carrying your rifle for any amount of time.My 6.5x47 with AI stock feels like it weighs more than my trg-42 in 338lm. As far as looks go I think you either love em or hate em. Good Luck.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Silver Member

i run 4 rifles in them and like them a lot. everything stated about weight is true, they are heavy. if you do buy one and do a lot of pack hunting get the 2.0 version that folds, you'll find it fits the pack great (eberly)
Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Bronze Member

I just recently got an AICS(through a trade for scope and blah, blah, blah) and didn`t know what to make of it at first. Yes, it is heavy. Yes, it is uncomfortable if you are not used to it. And Yes, it is ass ugly unless you are into that look.

Having said all of this, I have had a bit of range time with it lately and its growing on me. The weight doesn`t bother me as I am shooting prone. The comfort thing I am still trying to get used to, all of my previous rifles had either TRG or McMillan stocks. I find I have to be exactly in the same position for each shot to stay comfortable, which is good for the consistency of my shooting but could be an issue in the field. I also can`t line up a shot unless my index finger is inside the trigger gaurd, this I don`t like. And as for the looks I still think its ugly as **** but hey, these are just my opinions, all that matters is, if it work for you.
Ivo

PS. I would highly recommend getting out and trying one or at least handling one before you make the big purchase.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Official LRH SPONSOR

All I can say is, WHY? For that much money and that being the ugliest stock I have ever seen in my whole life, what's the point? What do you gain? Save your money and put it towards your scope budget. Just my opinion.......
Old 02-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member

I would not do it.