Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

8mm Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 8mm Thread

You ordered that 7STW stuff yet? I did all the hard work for you.....It's all right there posted up.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
You ordered that 7STW stuff yet? I did all the hard work for you.....It's all right there posted up.
Ha, ha, I don't believe it! We've been talking about to revive your great 8 mm thread, and what are we talking about now? One of the best 7s'. Ok, I admit there has to be time and place for this. You can be pn in the a, and because you're so persevering I guarantee you that I'm going to buy a rifle or barrel in 7 STW in the course of the next 3 years. But first...something else. The idea of an 8 mm really intrigues me and as you know very well its the great European 8x68S, cousin of the fine American 8mm RM. It's beltless, ha, ha.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varberger757 View Post
Ha, ha, I don't believe it! We've been talking about to revive your great 8 mm thread, and what are we talking about now? One of the best 7s'. Ok, I admit there has to be time and place for this. You can be pn in the a, and because you're so persevering I guarantee you that I'm going to buy a rifle or barrel in 7 STW in the course of the next 3 years. But first...something else. The idea of an 8 mm really intrigues me and as you know very well its the great European 8x68S, cousin of the fine American 8mm RM. It's beltless, ha, ha.
I am planning on building that 8mm Bama sooner or later. Brass is rediculously cheap... It's beltless with belted mag performance. If I could get Berger to back me with some 225-250gr ultra-high BC hybrid VLD projectiles, I bet we really could start the next wave of life for reanimating the near-dead 8mm market in America!

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 10-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I am planning on building that 8mm Bama sooner or later. Brass is rediculously cheap... It's beltless with belted mag performance. If I could get Berger to back me with some 225-250gr ultra-high BC hybrid VLD projectiles, I bet we really could start the next wave of life for reanimating the near-dead 8mm market in America!
Berger should start soon with its work because Hornady is taking big effort on the European market to come into position with their (good) 8 mm fab - ammo and bullets. So long it's about the 8x57IS with the 196gr Interlock, a brand-new BTHP bullet named Vintage Match 196gr and a GMX in ?? 180gr. I hope Hornady is taking a step further to my favourite LR - cartridge 8x68S with bullets like Interbond, Interlock or SST from 180 - 220 gr. Maybe they are going to do the same with the 8mm RM? Surfing on the LR - wave isn't dum nowadays. Moreover, none has taken the chance with the 8mms yet.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Silver Member

Mud,

Bama ? really ? with or without the O in front of that name , it's still makes me cringe, want to vomit and pisses me off every time I hear or read it, I beg you to rename your wildcat !

Many here probably feel the same but won't admit it openly, I realize your name comes from something else but it is too close to the name of the worst human in American History !

I apologize in advance to the devout followers but I insist that you rename your wildcat !
That evil anti-American, Constitution and Bill Of Rights hating, gun banning SOB does not deserve anything firearms related named after him, coincidence ir not !

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud
Old 10-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamplord View Post
Mud,

Bama ? really ? with or without the O in front of that name , it's still makes me cringe, want to vomit and pisses me off every time I hear or read it, I beg you to rename your wildcat !

Many here probably feel the same but won't admit it openly, I realize your name comes from something else but it is too close to the name of the worst human in American History !

I apologize in advance to the devout followers but I insist that you rename your wildcat !
That evil anti-American, Constitution and Bill Of Rights hating, gun banning SOB does not deserve anything firearms related named after him, coincidence ir not !
Couldn't agree more! Biggest POS ever born. And I can 110% assure you I would NEVER name anything after him. I am Republican to the core.

It is named Bama because I was born & raised here in Alabama, and I am a Universite of Alabama football fan. That's why. Plain and simple.

But I will consider renaming as time goes on and I get more serious about creating it. I'll probably give it a used Latin name, like I do everything else.

Quote:
Old 10-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Platinum Member

Bama has nothing go do with Obama, relax

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams