close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Reply

87 grain berger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: az
Posts: 3,203
87 grain berger

i can not find the bc listed any where for the 6mm 87 grain . roninflag
Reply With Quote
  •   #2  
    Unread 04-28-2011, 08:32 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Colorado, Front Range
    Posts: 561
    Re: 87 grain berger

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
    i can not find the bc listed any where for the 6mm 87 grain . roninflag
    from midway.

    technical Information
    Caliber: 243, 6mm
    Bullet Diameter: 0.243
    Bullet Weight: 87 Grains
    Bullet Length: 1.052"
    Bullet Style: VLD
    Bullet Coating: Non-Coated

    Ballistics Information:
    Ballistic Coefficient: 0.412
    Recommended Twist Rate: 1 in 10" or faster

    Jon
    Reply With Quote

      #3  
    Unread 04-28-2011, 08:40 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Colorado
    Posts: 308
    Re: 87 grain berger

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by strombeckj View Post
    from midway.

    technical Information
    Caliber: 243, 6mm
    Bullet Diameter: 0.243
    Bullet Weight: 87 Grains
    Bullet Length: 1.052"
    Bullet Style: VLD
    Bullet Coating: Non-Coated

    Ballistics Information:
    Ballistic Coefficient: 0.412
    Recommended Twist Rate: 1 in 10" or faster

    Jon
    Hope they are right this time. They sure blew it on the Lapua 6.5mm 139 grain Scenar.

    I am itching to try some of those in my 6mm284.
    Reply With Quote
      #4  
    Unread 04-28-2011, 08:44 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Colorado, Front Range
    Posts: 561
    Re: 87 grain berger

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Hope they are right this time. They sure blew it on the Lapua 6.5mm 139 grain Scenar.

    I am itching to try some of those in my 6mm284.
    Looks about right based on were the 95gr VLD's fall.

    I use the 88gr FB High BC varmint (.391) by berger for yotes.... Deadly!

    Jon

    Last edited by strombeckj; 04-28-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    Reply With Quote
      #5  
    Unread 05-01-2011, 12:51 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Location: az
    Posts: 3,203
    Re: 87 grain berger

    thanks. i assume you would use the 87s over the 88s for antelope??
    Reply With Quote
      #6  
    Unread 05-01-2011, 01:09 PM
    Gold Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2010
    Location: Colorado, Front Range
    Posts: 561
    Re: 87 grain berger

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
    thanks. i assume you would use the 87s over the 88s for antelope??
    I use the 95's for deer and antelope since thats what I intended to shoot when I had the rifle built.

    Jon
    Reply With Quote
      #7  
    Unread 05-01-2011, 07:08 PM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Location: Chardon, Ohio
    Posts: 42
    Re: 87 grain berger

    This was taken from the orange box (hunting bullets) that I have.

    G7 BC = .211
    G1 BC = .412
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: 87 grain berger
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    New Berger 230 grain 30 cal Elk Chaser Reloading 3 08-03-2011 05:41 PM
    WTB 1 box 6.5 140 grain Berger 140 grain VLD hunting model70rum Reloading Equipment and Components 1 06-23-2011 09:19 AM
    Berger 338 - 300 grain trout-n-salmon Long Range Hunting & Shooting 14 02-25-2011 10:03 AM
    7 wsm 168 grain berger vld ? redeye Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 6 02-12-2011 11:26 PM
    berger vld 180 grain 7mm linksmechanic Reloading 8 02-02-2007 12:41 AM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC