Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

7mm SWT vs. 7mm Allen Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Bronze Member

kirby i was just wondering what type of performance you can get with a 26 inch barrel?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

catch-34,

Only tested in one true 26" barrel. It was a 26" pac-nor 1-9.

160 gr Accubond at 3500 fps
200 gr ULD RBBT at 3145 fps

The 200 gr bullet did not stabilize in that barrel which is curious as it has in all the Lilja 1-9 barrels??????

All others have been 27" or longer barrels.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 02-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Daveosok,

I am truely sorry you feel the way you do. I do not understand why but its been going on for a long time now.

Seems you think I use LRH only for commerical business. That could hardly be the case. I am like everyone else on here. I test things, I bring them to the formum and offer all the results of my testing.

Just like if you tested your wildcat and reported the results. I would and have read that with great interest. I do not post the results of my wildcats for finacial gain. I do it because I am excited about long range shooting and pushing the envelope farther then ever before. There are hundreds of same, like minded people on this site. I hold myself no higher then any of them, in fact, I hold many, MANY on this site with the upmost reguard in respect.

I enjoy reading about every experiment that anyone does, no matter what the chambering is called. Be it a 7mm STW or a wildcat with their name on it, it is all exciting to read about.

You have a wealth of knowledge to share, unfortunately you are obsessed with me Supposedly taking over LRH and using it as my personal web site. That is not the case. I get very upset when this is said. This is Lens site, he ALLOWS us to be here and yes he expects us to be respectful. Things happen but for the most part, this is the most supportive and informative site on the web because of the people, well most of them anyway.

I do not what Len to boot you off. Yes I get annoyed with you attacking me on other web pages but that is your right. Your comments and feelings are unfounded and flat out incorrect. I wish you could see this for what it is, I am just another poster on LRH. If someone asks a question I have experience with, I offer my experience and data, factual data, not opinion. I do not post on what I think, only what I have proven that I know.

Anyway, no apology needed, as it will not be sincere anyway.

Sorry I annoy you this much, maybe it is time to get off LRH just so you can sleep at nights. This is something I consider everytime you blow up like this. Its not worth it to the other posters to put up with these explosions.

Anyway, take care,

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 02-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveosok View Post
Yes Kirby you're right, I succeed to your superiority in every manner and will from now on bow out when the thread reads your name.

BTW you gonna pay Len the 1000 to keep getting business on his site or will you remove your signature and all references to your business? It sure would be nice since you've benefited so much from the free advertising. Maybe you can build him a free gun just make sure it aint a stw.

I don't get choked up your not on the other site so it suits me fine.

Furthermore at the risk of being banned which I don't care either; Kirby why don't you go play hide and go (petulant, childish language removed by Len).
I knew it would only be a matter of time and you'd again show your true colors. Colors something like what you expressed in the post shown below from the "other site" where you shared your views about Len, this site and pretty much all of us. I agree with the previous posters, time to move on and disappear.

And, for the record, I pretty much disagree with all of your opinions.

Last edited by Len Backus; 02-21-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grit View Post
Uncle B,
I'm with the other guys on this one. Kirby's always a gentleman, always helps out, and answers questions with detailed and accurate data. He's a true asset to the site.

I don't know Dave. But, he's off his rocker here!
grit,
Dont get me wrong I never said anything negative about Kirby, I consider him a friend and I know he feels the same way about me, I was just trying to calm down the situation a bit. with that said after reading ss7mm's post I can more clearly see why everyone is bringing out the gas can.
I just did not want to see another WEDA debacle.
UB
Old 02-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member

Kirby, I am going to be building a 7mm soon. I have not decided on what cartridge yet, but I want to shoot the 162grn A-Max. You know me, I like the lighter bullets at higer velocities, so I think the 162 A-Max would be perfect.

I am going to be using others bullets as well, however, the weights will be between 160 to 180grns. Would a 1-9 twist be best. I know you have done a bunch of testing with 7mm's, so I thought you would know what would be best. I think you told me one time that the Lilja 1-9 twist were working well in the 7mm. I am getting ready to start buying components, so I want

Also, the comment DAVEOSOK made was very wrong. I think he should apoplogize, and he should not be aloud on this site. We all say and get a little worked up some times on this site, I know, because I am guilty of that myself. However, using those types of comments are dead wrong and should not be aloud.

W.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Gold Member

I don't think the guy should be banned. He has a right to his opinion. I don't know him or care. Maybe he had 1 to many beers who knows? You guys can't tell me that's the first cuss word you heard on a public forum. Tell the guy to say sorry for the cuss word but to hail to the almighty I don't think so.