Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

7mm STW For Elk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Gold Member
Re: 7mm STW For Elk

Thanks for the info Kirby I appercaite the tip. I talked with Richard again and he said the new thick jackets he recieved are a lot thicker then he thought and they would work for any game animal even stuff that might bite back. Richard also told me that he ordered some forming dies for .375 bullets and I am talking with him to see if I can get a good Long Range bullet going for my 375 H&H. As for the 160 Accubonds they do shoot well but after shooting a doe last week I do not know if they are tough enough for Elk but that will be a new post.
Fast, Flat, and Accurate

Unread 01-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Re: 7mm STW For Elk

Fiftydriver, I have spoke to richard graves in the past when he was first getting started. He struck me as an honest guy who is determined to produce an outstanding bullet. I am confident that his bullets will perform well. I was simply saying that there hasn't been enough testing from enough people. I personally like a broader consensus.

As far as barnes go, I said I would never use them again after my wyoming hunt. They dropped the animals in their tracks, but I still felt they were too erratic for use at extended ranges. I do hear a lot of good things about the triple shocks from folks who didn't like barnes. I haven't tried them yet and do not plan on it.

I hope richard's bullets are every he expects them to be. I know Bob Cauterucio's are, but Bob is an older man and only makes what he makes. If Richard produces accurate high BC bonded core bullets count me in. I would want to see some results on elk size game before I tried them on an expensive hunt.

Happy New Year!