Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

7mm Rem Mag Barrel Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Silver Member

Re: 7mm Rem Mag Barrel Life

1500ish
Old 08-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbw View Post
Our legislation requires you to apply for a new license to replace a barrel (barrels are licensed, not actions like in the US), and you are limited to 4 licenses in total, therefore barrel life becomes a huge event!!
So after 4 barrels you have to throw your action away? Crazy...
Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbw View Post
Tx guys for all the advise so far, very informative indeed. I'm looking at minimum 2000 shots (accurate shots), hence my conservative approach.

Our legislation requires you to apply for a new license to replace a barrel (barrels are licensed, not actions like in the US), and you are limited to 4 licenses in total, therefore barrel life becomes a huge event!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aren't there some barrels -lothar barrel- that are made out of tougher steel ?

Wouldn't they last longer ? There might be added expense to threading/chambering/crowning them but a guy in your predicament wouldn't mind..
You might ask this in the gunsmithing section and get some good info..

Good luck -come on over to america.....-Mike
Old 08-13-2008, 03:53 AM

Yep, Africa ain't that easy, but still a great place to live (especially Namibia). Are you guys not worried that gun laws will change when Obama take over?
Old 08-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Platinum Member

People are under the impression that a president can do alot more than they really can ,we have a constitution that we all live under -and it states the right to bear arms.
WE are heavily armed in this country and there ain't nobody taking our guns -the only way they will take mine will involve a full blown war.

They can make laws about certain types of firearms [pistols/assault rifles] and most people like myself don't give much of a rats ass about that ,but it would take some really crazy and i mean crazy person to declare "we are taking away all the firearms in the United States".He would be living on borrowed time until someone shot him and his chronies.

Someday there will be someone that crazy -and i hope i can help shoot the traitors.

A traitor is;-one who violates his allegiance and betrays his country- "i.e. the constitution they are sworn to uphold".

So no -no wories at all w/ obama - "He WILL be the next president" you can mark these words -b/c there are alot of stupid people in this country.................
Old 08-16-2008, 11:19 AM

"They can make laws about certain types of firearms [pistols/assault rifles] and most people like myself don't give much of a rats ass about that"

I'm sorry, but that is one of the scariest comments I have read in ages.

Do you think the liberals are stupid enough to try to take them all at once?? No, they will slowly, incrementally take away our rights. Your hunting rifles can be characterized as a "sniper rifle" by the people who want to demonize every type of weapon ("assault rifles", "saturday night specials", etc.) until they are the only holders of power. And small arms are definitely the ultimate expression of the power being held by the people.

Please don't make it easier for them.

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately" - Ben Franklin
Old 08-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member

What i meant was -if there is a waiting period for a handgun -no fully automatic 100rd. clip assault rifles etc.etc. .