Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

7mm lrm or 7mm stw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 03:04 PM

7mm lrm or 7mm stw

I am ready to build a gun. My question is should I go with the 7stw or 7lrm. Reason I ask this is cause I found a dang near new rem sendaro in 7 stw that's had a box of ammo ran through it and 7 boxes of fed ammo come with it for a price that's too good to list. Or would I be better off to build or get a 7mm lrm built
Old 09-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm lrm or 7mm stw

Tagging in, sounds like a good deal for the sendero!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures
Old 09-13-2013, 03:25 PM

I remember when the guy bought he killed a few deer with it and it got old. It has the 26" barrel fluted and for the price of a custom action bolt and barrel I can get this whole set up. It's starting to be a hard pick for me.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds like the 7lrm has a bit of following. The 7stw is based on the h@h case/8rem case so you can always make brass. The 375 h@h and 300 roy aren't going anywhere even of they quit making 8rem and 7stw brass. It's also the fastest 7mm that still has respectable barrel life. I'd get the stw since you already have a built rifle you can shoot immediately. You could always sell to someone here if it doesn't float your boat. There are a few of us here that wouldn't mind another 7stw.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member

I would say the 7 LRM if you weren't getting a great deal on the STW. Get the Sendero, especially if you know the owner and how it's been cared for. Then rebarrel to 7 LRM when you shoot this one out. In the mean time get a centerfeed Wyatt's extended 3.99 mag box.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 09-13-2013, 05:52 PM

Thanks I think that's what I'm gonna do
Old 09-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member

If you don't get that Sendero STW, or if you don't like it, please pass the info along and let me know. As I would like to have a twin for my Sendero SF 7mm STW that I've had for years now.

Especially if it's in NW FL....I need another excuse to visit some friends of mine down in Santa Rosa Beach.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.