Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

7MM Berger Bullet Groups

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Platinum Member

I know the Bergers will shoot. I have had their superb accuracy in other calibers, other rifles. It's just a matter of time before I find the right combo and that's a big part of the joy in handloading. I don't think I loaded those last few rounds into the LaG's, will snug the next few up and see what gives. Will let ya'll know what happens. JohnnyK
Old 10-30-2007, 02:55 AM
Silver Member

Here's a 3-shot group I shot with the 168 Bergers @ 100 yds. These were shot with the bullets seated .005 into the lands thats where I started and I think im gonna leave it there for the time being. Im shooting a bone stock Sauer 90 in 7mm RM theyre shooting under 1/2 MOA @ 300yds right now if I do my part

Old 10-30-2007, 03:58 AM
Platinum Member

Good Shooting!

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:58 AM
Silver Member

I have shot hundreds of deer, tahr and chamois with Bergers out of many different rifles at ranges from 100 to 1500 yards and they are a fantastic longrange bullet. In all the rifles I've loaded them in they needed to be jammed up to 25 thou into the lands. I have had little success jumping them, or even just touching. The difference between touching and jamming is chalk and cheese in my rifles. Don't worry about jamming them causing sticking in a hunting load, just run plenty of neck tension and you won't have a problem. The 180gn VLD 7mm at 3400 fps is my current long range hammer!
Superb bullets!
Old 10-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Bronze Member

Based on the replys - I'm headed out tonight with seating depth adjusted to 0.010 into the lands. I am using uncoated bullets - are any of you guys using the Berger moly coated bullets? Has anyone seen any accuracy difference with the Bergers moly vs non - what about the velocity differences as well - again referring only to the Bergers.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Bronze Member

reading this with a look to the future
Norm
Old 10-30-2007, 10:13 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddybo View Post
Eric,

You will not hear me disparaging Bergers 7mm bullets at all, and I appalogize if my post seemed to do so, as that was never my intent.
Eddybo,

There was no offense taken and non meant on my part. Reports of shooters experiencing problems with the VLD in certain barrels is not uncommon. My post is meant to let hunters know that Walt spends most of his days developing our loading manual and helping shooters. We are committed to enhancing the shooters experience and Walt is a valuable resource.

He is doing well and is shooting is many BR matches. We recently returned from New Zealand where Walt took a nice red stag buck with the 257 Roberts using a Berger 25 cal 115 gr VLD. Walt is thrilled that the VLD bullet he started making in the 80s has turned out to be such an effective hunting bullet and he really enjoys helping hunters since he himself has been hunting regularly since he was a young man in Ohio.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets