Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

For 7 mm enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member

Re: For 7 mm enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varberger757 View Post
As you could see on the reloading data tables powder is still measured in grains. America makes the rules even today. Yes, the cases are always filled to the top.
However, the volume by H2O capacities in Europe is measured in millilitres, ml. That doesn't matter. For illustration and better understanding, 1 ml is 1 gramm. The rest is converting...
Not true, our (use that term losely, as I voted for someone else) president insists on kissing everyone's ass today.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Bolt face would be fine with the 7 mm RUM but the cartridge has a large body diameter that won't fit past all action feed rails. That would require some gunsmithing if a repeater was desired. I think that is what the other poster was suggesting.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZShooter View Post
Bolt face would be fine with the 7 mm RUM but the cartridge has a large body diameter that won't fit past all action feed rails. That would require some gunsmithing if a repeater was desired. I think that is what the other poster was suggesting.
Yea, that WAS what he was suggesting.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I've had that happen. I shoot a cheap Konus M-30 8.5-32x52 that I swap back and forth from my 7mm STW and my 5R .308 Win, because money is currently not available for another Konus to put on the .308 since it is just a target rifle, the glass is perfectly fine. Is is a S&B or a NF? Hell no...I wish! But will it do better than it's price-range? Sure will. They only cost $350.

Do I have some nice high-end scopes....Yep, but I have more cheap scopes, I'm ashamed to admit. I wish I could afford to outfit my $4,000 rifles with $3,000 scopes, but that'll never happen.

So, trust me, you're not the only one who runs inexpensive scopes on here.
I figured as much, but they knew/know when to hold back on posting. At the time, [shortly after I joined this site] I did not. There's no way I can even come close to affording $4,000 rifles. So put that into perspective.

Hey, I really do gotta go now. I just got a call from someone asking me to assist in blasting up a hornet's nest in a tree. I'm grabbing my magnum 12-gauge loads.

The last time I said I had to go, I went ouside to find the shipment containing my "the rock" {not the BR model} front shooting rest, and I was checking it out.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Heat View Post
I figured as much, but they knew/know when to hold back on posting. At the time, [shortly after I joined this site] I did not. There's no way I can even come close to affording $4,000 rifles. So put that into perspective.

Hey, I really do gotta go now. I just got a call from someone asking me to assist in blasting up a hornet's nest in a tree. I'm grabbing my magnum 12-gauge loads.

The last time I said I had to go, I went ouside to find the shipment containing my "the rock" {not the BR model} front shooting rest, and I was checking it out.
That's why I used to never post in the caliber suggestion threads with 7mm calibers. Folks acted like I was the "special fred" in the group...

I wish I could afford $4K rifles, too....I wasn't talking about me, I was talking as if I was one of them other guys.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 09-16-2013, 05:35 PM
Platinum Member

I, too, am currently awaiting a package from another member on here containing some AR parts for my .300 Blackout build. I'll have to check tracking to see when they're supposed to show up.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2013, 01:20 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
I've had that happen. I shoot a cheap Konus M-30 8.5-32x52 that I swap back and forth from my 7mm STW and my 5R .308 Win, because money is currently not available for another Konus to put on the .308 since it is just a target rifle, the glass is perfectly fine. Is is a S&B or a NF? Hell no...I wish! But will it do better than it's price-range? Sure will. They only cost $350.

Do I have some nice high-end scopes....Yep, but I have more cheap scopes, I'm ashamed to admit. I wish I could afford to outfit my $4,000 rifles with $3,000 scopes, but that'll never happen.

So, trust me, you're not the only one who runs inexpensive scopes on here.
Itís all over the same! If someone dares to show up (also in the internet) with ęcheapĽ equipment almost everyone is looking at that person as something low. Even if itís not that particular bad here in Norway, however you shouldnít show up with a unknown/ cheap brand, gun or even worse scope. That wonít be good for the personal reputation. Iíve to admit that the scope question is affecting me also. IMO it is much more important to have top, expensive optics on top mounts on a maybe cheaper rifle. The rifle can always been tuned up the optics donít.

Now back to the 7ís! I would love to buy a Sendero II, but Iím lefty so thatís no choice. I have a nephew who is seriously starting out with hunting/ shooting, and Iím recommending strongly the Sendero in 7 RM to him. Personally, I might buy a 700 CDL LH and have it tuned by a good gunsmith with custom parts. Fortunately, Remington is still one of the better brands over here with reasonable prices. A Sendero II costs today between 1550 Ė 1850 Euros. Blaser, Sauer and the other known brands start between 2500 Ė 3500 EuroÖ