Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

For 7 mm enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member

Re: For 7 mm enthusiasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varberger757 View Post
No, in other countries it's mainly the same than in the US. Seemes that elected politicians are often or almost ever using their positions for their own benefit! The will of the sovereign, the entitled to vote, becomes widely neglected. Switzerland is not only great in terms of their reasonable gunlaws, but also in terms of absolute direct democracy. Every important law -proposal is going the way of what we would call a referendum. All citizens take their individual vote about it every time. That's what I would call an ideal democracy.
Stop it...You're making Switzerland look better and better. Not to mention all the beautiful tall busty blondes running around everywhere.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrunner2005 View Post
stop it...you're making switzerland look better and better. Not to mention all the beautiful tall busty blondes running around everywhere. :d
lol :d:d:d
Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Stop it...You're making Switzerland look better and better. Not to mention all the beautiful tall busty blondes running around everywhere.
I thought you'd find them only in Sweden and California
Well even better not to have to cross lots of water when emigrating

ps: On a more serious note, the 7*64 of a friend rocks. The 6.5x55 plans are beeing thrown overboard right now, sacred 7mm land here I'm coming.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Ha, ha, the busty blondes have hopefully more than just skinny 7mm. In addition everyone pays almost pay no taxes. That makes the blondes affordable and even more tasty.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Silver Member

Ok, back to the 7s and ideal guns for them. Single shot rifles (Break action rifles) seem to be made for the flat shooting 7mm’s like 7 x65R, 280 Rem and 7RM. Both the 7x65R and the 7RM are the most sold calibres on this kind of rifle. They are mostly used in rough terrain like the Alpes, Scottish highlands and so on, everywhere where weight counts. Should be also perfect for the Rockies I suggest. They are light (5 – 6.5 lbs.), short (1m) and responsive. They deliver excellent handling characteristics and superb precision out of the box. Barrel length between ‘23.5 and ‘25,5 . Take them apart into 2 – 3 parts with the scope mounted or not and bear altogether in the backpack. Longest part will be the barrel. If more calibres are requested all someone has to do is to order an extra-barrelled action, done. These rifles are made for hunting goat, sheep but also deer on all responsible distances.

Calibres from 222 – 338WM. For real artillery from about 30 R Blaser up to the 338s this type of rifle is too light, even braked (IMO).
Old 10-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member

If you want to show them a real single-shot...Try to import an 1874 Sharps reproduction, like a C.Sharps, or a Shiloh Sharps in .45-120.

But, I have always thought a Ruger #1 (single-shot falling-block) heavy barrel in 7mm STW would be fun to have.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
If you want to show them a real single-shot...Try to import an 1874 Sharps reproduction, like a C.Sharps, or a Shiloh Sharps in .45-120.

But, I have always thought a Ruger #1 (single-shot falling-block) heavy barrel in 7mm STW would be fun to have.
Thanks for the advice, but the real producers of single shots you'll find in Europe due to history and market. BTW, I know the Ruger falling block nr.1, a really good gun which I got the opportunity to try once before. But there are Krieghoffs, Merkels, Blasers so on and the super expensive custom rifles from Ferlach in Austria which really count. I've even seen one of your favorite calibres 257 Wby in the "gallery". They are build with so little tolerances that they never change their POI when reassembled. I'm in the beginning of my 50ties and the older you become the more you think about comfort... Could be worth thinking about such a gun. It's no issue reloading them if you're trained and familiar to single shot rifles. As you mentioned once before, that we always try to kill the game by good shot - placement like double lungshot. Normally no second shot is required.