Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

6mm ackley and 6/284 barrel life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 6mm ackley and 6/284 barrel life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
I just built a 6-284 with a no turn neck chamber (.281). A loaded case is .271. There is about .002 clearance all around (.004 total clearance) The Lapua brass seems just fine.
lately there have been a few complaints about Lapua brass on here alone. I've never had a problem with it myself, but only use .223 family stuff. Other folks complain about Norma, and have yet to ever see a problem with it as well. The only brass I've learned to really dislike is Blackhills, and even then I may have gotten a couple bad batches. Never had a problem with Winchester or Remington, while others do

gary
Old 10-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
lately there have been a few complaints about Lapua brass on here alone. I've never had a problem with it myself, but only use .223 family stuff. Other folks complain about Norma, and have yet to ever see a problem with it as well. The only brass I've learned to really dislike is Blackhills, and even then I may have gotten a couple bad batches. Never had a problem with Winchester or Remington, while others do

gary
What are the compliant about the Lapua brass?

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 10-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
What are the compliant about the Lapua brass?
do a search on here. Think it was being soft, but also could be wrong. Like I said I never saw a problem with it
gary
Old 10-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
do a search on here. Think it was being soft, but also could be wrong. Like I said I never saw a problem with it
gary
Did a search and couldn't find much. Maybe an isolated incident(s) Checked Midway reviews for all Lapau offerings and all were rated from 4 to 5 stars with most being 4.7 and above. The 6.5-284 had 7 reviews and all rated 5.

Have only shot a few break-in rounds with mine, but so far the out-of-the-box quality is excellent.

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams