Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

6467 yards worth of a Varmint Hunters Grand Slam!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 6467 yards worth of a Varmint Hunters Grand Slam!!!

That is amazing to shoot 2100 yds to qualify for 1500 yds.

Congratulations.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Platinum Member

That was a very interesting read, you might consider sending it in to a varmint magazine.

Maybe in one of your next pictures you could muster up a little smile perhaps, you look a little too serious in these pictures.

Oh, I nearly forgot, Congratulations!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Oldfamily,

I am really excited about my sub 16 lb version of the 338 AM. Everytime I unpack Black Sunshine I get even more excited!!! Only rifle I have ever owned that would leave brusies on your forarms just from carrying her around!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

She is a big girl! But she is a sweetie!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 08-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Mike/TX,

What are ypu talkin about, that is a huge smile on my face on the last pic [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!! About as good as it gets!!

TO say I am camera shy would be a bit of an understatement. Only reason my ugly mug is in there is because it has to be for the qualifying shot picture.

I can nto wait to see what you do to those "ground Hogs" down there. I suspect they are in trouble!!

450 yards on a big game critter is much different then 450 yards on a varmint. Alot can go wrong with poor shot placement, the pressure is much higher with big game. 450 yards is a long way no matter who you are. Better have your head on straight at that range or things can get really bad quickly!!!

I have no doubt that you are more then up to the challange with your rifle!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 08-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Bill,

I hear ya, why don't you call them and kick them in the rear. I am starting to get nervous for my Idaho hunt this fall as well. Not to mention all the customer rifles I have to get shipped before then which BAT and McMillan are backing me up on!!!

The time will come I promise you and it will be a blast. I have to get a head start over Lerch and you because I know you will be going right to the 3000 yard mark and setting up camp!! OR will it be a bit over 3520 yards [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 08-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

SS7mm,

I felt bad as hell for dad. That is the most distracting thing imaginable for precision shooting is a damn hangfire!!

He did very well though.

I am not the designated driver and spotter. If they want to use my rifles that fine but we tested my brothers 338 Kahn out today at 2100 yards and it was staying consistant at that range. A bit of vertical variation but horizontal was well under 1 moa at that range.

I have a Tubbs Baring Surface Comparator on the way to correct that issue I hope. Even at its worst the vertical spread was about 3 feet. Not terrible at 2100 yards.

If they do not get in this summer, they will next season for sure!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 08-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Lerch,

We are going to wait until the end of August and if Dad or my brother have not made the 1500 or 2000 yard club we will submit what we have together. Should look pretty cool all lined up if they will print all three pics.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com