Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

6.5 stw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2004, 10:27 AM
Silver Member

Re: 6.5 stw

bullet stabilsation is not a weight problem but a lenght problem 107 Scenar are very long ( longer than 120 gr SMK ) and need fast pitch to get stabilzed ( 1 in 9 is OK )

good shooting

DAN TEC
Old 07-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Bronze Member

i would be interested in the dies, not sure if i could use the brass what are you asking. my email is douglascain32@aol.com
Old 08-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Platinum Member

It was interesting to read the poor report on the 6.5 WSM. I was going to get a barrel for my Encore and was considering a 6.5 WSM from Virgin Valley, but decided to go with a .264 Win from the T/C Custom Shop, figuring that if Winchester comes out with a 6.5 with different dimensions than the wildcat, I would be stuck with it if I ever wanted to sell it. Looks like I made a good choice on caliber. I agree that I would trade a couple hundred fps for accuracy, especially when you are already talking magnum velocites. At practical long range deer hunting yardages (500 yds or less--and only if you know the yardage by some reliable method) 200 or 300 fps will only gain you a couple of inches of trajectory. Even the slightest wind will start to play havoc with your bullet when you stretch out the yardage.

NRA Life Member
Old 12-17-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc136 View Post
I have a set of Redding dies in 6.5 STW and some brass if anyone is interested? Let me know, thanks!
How much for the brass and mabey
The dies