Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

6.5 ss final design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 6.5 ss final design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Sawyer View Post
Who makes the 160 Matrix and where are you guys getting them?
Marshal Ambrose from Custom Rifle Bullets Built for Accuracy | Matrix Ballistics send him an email and he will probably send you a sample of 100. Thats what he did for me. He is out of Canada.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 04-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffM View Post
61gr Retumbo F210 Win brass
60.5gr Rem brass
Cliff
Thanks Cliff.....I'll probably run about 59-60 in the new case......Rich
Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Cant wait to see how this turns out! I have a 700 SA sitting on the shelf that is begging for a project!

Elkaholic, Who is your smith?
I use a guy from Spokane Valley. Bruce Thom, (BAT actions) recommended him to me. He usually won't take on much work unless you are not in a hurry......Rich
Old 04-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Silver Member

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I'll be watching this one close to see the final product. I linked onto the bullet maker's website, Do any of you have experience with this bullet and it's expansion on game at slower velocities? (Not trying to derail the thread, just curious)
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks guys for the quick responses. I'll be watching this one close to see the final product. I linked onto the bullet maker's website, Do any of you have experience with this bullet and it's expansion on game at slower velocities? (Not trying to derail the thread, just curious)
The 6.5 160 is new so no on game performance as of yet but it's very similar to the 270 165gr bullet which performs awesome on game. But at this point I'm guardedly optimistic about the performance we're going to get from this bullet.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 04-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Platinum Member

Regarding the bullet: I will have mine next week, I hope, and be ready to test the following weekend. I am planning to run side by side to my bergers on wet newpaper at 1000 yards. If I can get gel I will run it through that instead. Doubt it though. I am also planning to use this bullet for our up coming bear hunts.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Bigngreen is the guy who has used the Matrix on game and I repect his opinion. As a bullet maker myself, I can tell you that the design is condusive to long range game performance in most respects. I plan on trying to test some out this spring on bears.......Rich
p.s. The Matrix is basically a Berger with lead clear to the tip, which in my opinion, gives it a little advantage in being consistent......Rich