close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Reply

6.5 ss final design

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #169  
Unread 05-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: rathdrum, id.
Posts: 4,998
Re: 6.5 ss final design

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
It's kinda hard to chunk an almost new $110 set of dies...Especially since all it needs is the walls opened up and the shoulder pushed a bit forward.
Sell'm to someone that likes an A.I. better than a Sherman. If you can find one!
Reply With Quote
  •   #170  
    Unread 05-19-2014, 03:02 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Sep 2010
    Location: So. California
    Posts: 409
    Re: 6.5 ss final design

    That would be one of the many people who suffer from "ignorance is bliss" /grin
    Reply With Quote

      #171  
    Unread 05-19-2014, 06:09 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: rathdrum, id.
    Posts: 4,998
    Re: 6.5 ss final design

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diriel View Post
    That would be one of the many people who suffer from "ignorance is bliss" /grin
    Well, it didn't come from me!........Rich
    Reply With Quote
      #172  
    Unread 06-02-2014, 12:55 AM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Posts: 200
    Re: 6.5 ss final design

    What's the status of factory headstamped brass for the 6.5 SS? Will it ever be available?
    Reply With Quote
      #173  
    Unread 06-02-2014, 10:03 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: rathdrum, id.
    Posts: 4,998
    Re: 6.5 ss final design

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    What's the status of factory headstamped brass for the 6.5 SS? Will it ever be available?
    That is something I've thought about quite bit, but it would take one heck of a capital investment to get started. I have thought about running a poll to see how many people would be interested. My understanding from talking to the manufacturer is I would probably have to charge $2 apiece for them.......Rich
    Reply With Quote
      #174  
    Unread 06-02-2014, 10:19 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Mar 2012
    Location: ND
    Posts: 2,801
    Re: 6.5 ss final design

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
    That is something I've thought about quite bit, but it would take one heck of a capital investment to get started. I have thought about running a poll to see how many people would be interested. My understanding from talking to the manufacturer is I would probably have to charge $2 apiece for them.......Rich
    I would be interested. I considered the 6.5 SS for when i replace the barrel on my 6.5x284 win, but i dont want to neck turn brass, which seems necessary for this cartridge. Depending on who makes it i think $2 may be do-able.
    __________________

    I'm 18
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    ~George Washington

    "The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
    ~ JE Custom

    Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

    My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
    Reply With Quote
      #175  
    Unread 06-02-2014, 10:23 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2008
    Location: rathdrum, id.
    Posts: 4,998
    Re: 6.5 ss final design

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
    I would be interested. I considered the 6.5 SS for when i replace the barrel on my 6.5x284 win, but i dont want to neck turn brass, which seems necessary for this cartridge. Depending on who makes it i think $2 may be do-able.
    There are not a lot of options for the brass unless your uncles name is Lapua I talked to Quality when I was checking around. They told me that their brass was better than RP or WW and was on par with Hornady.....Rich
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC