Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics


Reply

6.5 ss final design

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 04-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW Montana
Posts: 4,259
Re: 6.5 ss final design

Very nice, just a gauge away from seeing what it'll do. I'm very excited to see what it does, very cool to take a new chambering that isn't an improvement of an other case but a whole different animal and work it out!!!
__________________
High Fence, Low Fence, Stuck in the Fence, if I can Tag it and Eat it, it's Hunting!
"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern Id.
Posts: 3,103
Re: 6.5 ss final design

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
Very nice, just a gauge away from seeing what it'll do. I'm very excited to see what it does, very cool to take a new chambering that isn't an improvement of an other case but a whole different animal and work it out!!!
Rhian.....I'm going to call Kiff tomorrow and see where the go gauge is at in production. Last I heard, it was supposed to be heading for heat treat.....Rich
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Townsend, Montana.
Posts: 7,628
Re: 6.5 ss final design

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
Rhian.....I'm going to call Kiff tomorrow and see where the go gauge is at in production. Last I heard, it was supposed to be heading for heat treat.....Rich
Good luck man.... The last several orders I have had with them have taken well past due date. The order I am waiting on now, a bolt and firing pin, they said will go out March 12th. Damn, I should have confirmed that was 2013...

jeff
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 764
Re: 6.5 ss final design

Order a die blank from PTG and ream it with your chamber reamer. Then bore it for Redding bushings. Pretty simple with a lathe.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Posts: 2,538
Re: 6.5 ss final design

Looking good Rich and Rhian, i cant wait to see what you guys find with the 160 matrix .
__________________

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweet Home OR
Posts: 183
Re: 6.5 ss final design

Taggin in. Very interested the the velocities.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern Id.
Posts: 3,103
Re: 6.5 ss final design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Good luck man.... The last several orders I have had with them have taken well past due date. The order I am waiting on now, a bolt and firing pin, they said will go out March 12th. Damn, I should have confirmed that was 2013...

jeff
Hi Jeff.....I have actually had good luck with them in the past, but for some reason, thay completed the reamer way ahead of the go gauge.....Rich
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
In the last 12 months, what was your longest rifle kill on big game?
0 to 200 yards - 25.85%
1,478 Vote
201 to 400 yards - 32.08%
1,834 Vote
401 to 600 yards - 23.14%
1,323 Vote
601 to 800 yards - 10.02%
573 Votes
801 to 1,000 yards - 3.94%
225 Votes
Over 1,000 yards - 4.97%
284 Votes
Total Votes: 5,717
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC