Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

6.5 Prometheus (6.5 PRO) 140 gr. 3700 fps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 10:01 PM
Silver Member

Re: 6.5 Prometheus (6.5 PRO) 140 gr. 3700 fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Worker View Post
Now those are some 21st century velocities , can't help but wonder about bbl life.

It's pretty obvious you have not read this thread and are here to troll !
otherwise you would have read this part ( post #21 page 3 of this thread) that applies directly to you

"This cartridge was designed with the knowledge that barrel life will be limited, if one is inclined to dwell on barrel life, go bald worrying about it or become afflicted with bedwetting from bad dreams induced by the terror of less than 2k rounds of barrel life ... well , these little girls need not play with evil barrel consuming monster cartridges ... ( whew ! had to let that out, feel better now!) "

Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
6.5 Prometheus (6.5 PRO) 140 gr. 3700 fps-image.jpg  

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud
Old 04-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamplord View Post
It's pretty obvious you have not read this thread and are here to troll !
otherwise you would have read this part ( post #21 page 3 of this thread) that applies directly to you

"This cartridge was designed with the knowledge that barrel life will be limited, if one is inclined to dwell on barrel life, go bald worrying about it or become afflicted with bedwetting from bad dreams induced by the terror of less than 2k rounds of barrel life ... well , these little girls need not play with evil barrel consuming monster cartridges ... ( whew ! had to let that out, feel better now!) "

Personal insult is always the first recourse of an empty mind .
Old 04-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Silver Member

I think swamplord is just tired of hearing the barrel life thing over and over in this thread and would like people just to read the thread and they will understand that barrel life does not have any weight in the development of this round. Had people continually proclaimed the dangers of a explosion to the inventor of nitro we may not have it. ;-)
Old 04-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Worker View Post
Personal insult is always the first recourse of an empty mind .
If you truly believe that then don't insult others !

The only reason you post on this thread is to incite a riot, this is the extent of your contribution here .....

"Hey what kind of BBL life I mean less than 500 ?"

"The 26 Nosler is over bore,but this caliber lives in Twilight zone."

"Ok I should of said cartridge ! 260 Remington and yours are same caliber . Geez some people !"

"Now those are some 21st century velocities , can't help but wonder about bbl life."

"Personal insult is always the first recourse of an empty mind ."

You obviously have no interest in this cartridge so why bother with your idiotic comments ? The issue of barrel life was brought up and I addressed it and explained that it is NOT a detriment in this project but in fact it was my intent to burn a barrel with initial load development in order to document actual round count before barrel needs to be set back !

Does this cartridge and it's development offend you so much that it causes you personal stress ? If it indeed is affecting your life and you are losing sleep and are developing an ulcer worrying about someone else burning a $350 barrel, I can ask Len to delete this entire thread and I will not post anymore harmful information and data obtained with this cartridge !

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud
Old 04-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Silver Member

I personally like reading about this new 6.5 and hope you keep posting updates. Once you have finished all the testing I am talking with my gun smith on building one. If you decide to end this thread please keep me posted on my private messages.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member

Out of respect for others I'm with drawing from this....... Hey Dude did I call you names? I just made a observation of high velocities and which led to a logical question. I work and don't have time to read every single post on any particular thread .When some one says something you don't like are you obligated to take it personally ?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:15 PM
Silver Member

Swamplord here is some food for thought as this is a AR style rifle in 338 Norma mag which would make a perfect choice to re barrel to 6.5 pro as the action is already set up right. What do you think?