Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

6.5 calibur

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: 6.5 calibur

guys either he is lucky or things have changed because my friend shoots regular Remington brass with his 260 and has won a lot of high power shoots. he does not weight his brass or anything special .size it and loads it. He is on his sixth reload with the same brass shooting .320 groups @ 100 yards and about 3.5" or less out to 600 yards and that is not off a bench or a scope. so i do realize that Lapua brass should be better especially since it cost over 2 times the cost. but their is no way it can get twice the accuracy. I mean i know Lapua is good stuff but the way i read some of these. it seems everyone Else's are through aways.
i just can not be convince that they are really that much better for the price you pay. How much better can they be?? open for any suggestions.
42.5 gr of H1000 with a 30" barrel. 139 gr Lapua bullet is his load.
he also gets over 2000 + rounds on his barrels also.
do you really gain that much to only get 1,000 to 1500 rds down the tube just to have to sink 500.00 + dollars back into your rifle and hope it shoots as good as it did once before.
i am new at this so please state your cases I love to here differant opinions. maybe i am missing a lot of something i need.