Originally Posted by sniperjwt
I want a 6.5 but so far I'm not too sure which to choose. Looking to shoot targets and deer. Let me know what you have and why you like it better than the others. Thanks
I am currently building a 6.5x47 Lapua and this is why I chose it:
1. It was designed as a competition cartridge. Lapua knows a little about this
2. Very close to a 260 rem in performance with less powder. Very efficient
3. Less powder means longer barrel life. I shoot alot.
4. Able to get good performance without a barrel that resembles a broom handle. Mine will be 25" and be used primarily for Antelope.
5. With a case shorter than a 260/308 I will not be limited to COAL with my handloads.