Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

510 Allen Magnum finished after some long nights this weekend...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 510 Allen Magnum finished after some long nights this weekend...

I had to think on it a while about what I would do with such a gun but I guess if a person wanted a 2 mile buffalo gun that would be it.

A 50 MOA base? You have got to be kidding. You zero will be nearly a 1000 to 1300 yds.

P.S.

What do you do to a bipod to make it better?
Old 07-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

Kirby,
If my numbers are right, there is 702.88 miles in strait line from your house to mine. Since I'm already back in Nevada, Do you think I'm far away enough? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Platinum Member

"Oh God, please don't let the near sighted fellows at 24 hour campfire see this one. They will never understand."

I hope it's not a crippler like the small bores can be.
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

BD408,

I was kind of surpise at how the AR felt right out of the box. Kinf of a mud duck but it does feel really good to shoot. With the heavier Lilja barrel it feels even better, added about 5 lbs to the rifle weight but its all good with a big 50 cal!!!

I will not be shooting this thing without a brake. I am sure I would live through it but living through the event is not my idea of a successful test. My curiousty will remain as is and I will know in my head the brake works plenty well!!! It recoils less then Black Sunshine!! Dramatically less in fact.

As a result, Black sunshine may be getting a brake job!!! Am I turning into a pattsy!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 07-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Yes shes a big girl, taller then BJ I would predict!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img](sorry Bill, not really a cut to your stature, this thing is damn near as long as I am also!!)

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 07-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Sewwhat89,

YOu may not believe this but with the brake, I will be able to put the chrono within 5 feet of the muzzle and have no problems with the sky screens taking a ride. All the muzzle gas is vented to the sides and away from the chrono. The skyscreens will not even twitch when testing this rifle. I will put them 10 feet off the muzzle though just as a standard distance.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 07-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Roll-yur-own,

Basically it is an improved version of the 50 BMG but with the Allen Magnum shoulder configuration instead of the Ackely angle.

Shoulder diameter is increase quite a bit over the standard round.

Headspace is 4 thou shorter then the standard BMG so standard BMG ammo can be fired in this chamber safely and accurately. I figured there was no need to get to exotic with moving shoulders foward or anything so its basically just a version of an improved 50 BMG.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com