Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

500 Jeffery based wildcats

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Silver Member

Re: 500 Jeffery based wildcats

Mudd...
Yes, my smith flutes all my bbls in his shop except my two Brux bbls were factory fluted, (338 Pro and 6.5 Pro)
he also made me the stainless 40 moa scope rail for my Nightforce rings, drilled and tapped my Sako for 8x40 screws as the Sako is not drilled/tapped for bases of any kind but comes with bases that are part of the action for Sako's Opti-Lock rings.

I wanted a more solid scope setting because I had the Opti-Lock rings loosen up numerous times with the recoil of the 7.82 Warbird, my 375 Mjolnir has 30 grains more capacity !!

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud
Old 10-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamplord View Post
Mudd...
Yes, my smith flutes all my bbls in his shop except my two Brux bbls were factory fluted, (338 Pro and 6.5 Pro)
he also made me the stainless 40 moa scope rail for my Nightforce rings, drilled and tapped my Sako for 8x40 screws as the Sako is not drilled/tapped for bases of any kind but comes with bases that are part of the action for Sako's Opti-Lock rings.

I wanted a more solid scope setting because I had the Opti-Lock rings loosen up numerous times with the recoil of the 7.82 Warbird, my 375 Mjolnir has 30 grains more capacity !!
What is your case capacity in the .375 Mjolnir?

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Silver Member

Case capacity for the 375 Mjolnir is 147.8 gr water (Quick Design estimate)

here is a batch of new, unfired die formed Jamison cases loaded with the 325 gr Hot Cor SP bullets and RL22. all these rounds were fired creating perfectly formed cases and zero losses.. have 50 pcs of Norma 500 Jeffery brass coming and will see how it compares to the Jamison stuff.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
500 Jeffery based wildcats-image.jpg  

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

Sigmund Freud
Old 10-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry....Double-post.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 10-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Platinum Member

I would be interested to see what it could do with some of these with a .805 BC... I bet it would be nasty!

Sierra MatchKing Bullets 375 Cal (375 Diameter) 350 Grain Hollow Point

Or these for extreme long range shooting.

Woodleigh VLD Solid Brass Bullets 375 Chey-Tac (375 Diameter) 350

Quote:
Old 10-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Silver Member

my info on my fireforming load has a typo, the bullet used is a 235 gr Speer Hot Cor (not 325 gr)

Mud..
I intend on working with the 330 Gr Cutting Edge and the 350 Gr Sierra for long range use..
for out to 500 yards will be the 250 gr Barnes TTSX and 300 gr Accubond
for up close and personal out to 200 yards will work with the 300 gr Swift A-Frame and the 350 gr Barnes TSX

In the pic below are fireformed cases that show the actual shape of the 375 Mjolnir .
from left to right
330 gr. LD HPBT-MAX Cutting Edge bullet seated for single shot use
350 gr. HPBT Sierra Matchking bullet seated to magazine length
250 gr. TTSX BT Barnes
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
500 Jeffery based wildcats-image.jpg  

WIKIPEDIA

Sigmund Freud
Old 11-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Silver Member

Could a defiance action work for a single shot project ?

Thinking 375

Would like to see what that would do.

Good work there ! !

Jeff

God Bless