Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics


Reply

.308 reloads...recommendations for best results @300yds?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6
.308 reloads...recommendations for best results @300yds?

Newbie here. Lots of products out there and hoping to get recommendations for the best combo bullet, brass, powder for hunting (and target) elk and deer out to 300 yards. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central MT
Posts: 755
Re: .308 reloads...recommendations for best results @300yds?

There are many options for the 308. For 300 yard shooting and hunting any bullet in the 180gr range intended for hunting will work. Berger, Nosler, Barnes, Hordany....all will work. If "I" had to choose my start would be with this:

Lapua Brass
210M Primer
Varget powder
180gr AccuBond
__________________
Shoot CONFIDENT, Shoot SMART, Shoot STRAIGHT
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 54
Re: .308 reloads...recommendations for best results @300yds?

This works very well for me.

1. Berger VLD 175
2. Win. brass
3.IMR XBR 8208 powder
4.CCI BR2 primer
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6
Re: .308 reloads...recommendations for best results @300yds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMERSS View Post
There are many options for the 308. For 300 yard shooting and hunting any bullet in the 180gr range intended for hunting will work. Berger, Nosler, Barnes, Hordany....all will work. If "I" had to choose my start would be with this:

Lapua Brass
210M Primer
Varget powder
180gr AccuBond
Thank you...do you use a local dealer or shop online?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6
Re: .308 reloads...recommendations for best results @300yds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflonhunter View Post
This works very well for me.

1. Berger VLD 175
2. Win. brass
3.IMR XBR 8208 powder
4.CCI BR2 primer
Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: az
Posts: 2,410
Re: .308 reloads...recommendations for best results @300yds?

X- did you get drawn for elk?? what rifle? scope? varget, I4064 and re-15 some good powders. 168 berg and 168 cbt are some good bullets.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6
Re: .308 reloads...recommendations for best results @300yds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
X- did you get drawn for elk?? what rifle? scope? varget, I4064 and re-15 some good powders. 168 berg and 168 cbt are some good bullets.
I was not drawn...getting ready for next year.
Les Baer .308 sniper, Nightforce ATACR
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC