Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

.308 Al tipped Wildcat current status?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
I feel a lot better after Wild Cat's post. If Richard is having those kinds of problems I'll hang in there with him till the last cow comes home.

Its a real PITA bring a product to market that is a few orbits beyond what anyone else is doing. I understand that and can appreciate his situation.

If a thicker jacket in the heavier 277 cal bullet become available and they work, that will put me back where I want to be.
Yep. +1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia - Shelter for Your WildSide -

Unread 11-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Official LRH Sponsor
Anyone that has gotten bullets from Richard knows that he has had real problems getting jackets that are made the way he wants. He started using J-4 jackets and originally they were working very well but then their quality control went to hell. It got so bad that up to 50% of the jackets would result in kulls mainly from cosmetic reasons. Most would shoot just fine but Richard is a perfectionist and refused to offer these to his customers.

Then he started having some heavier custom jackets made, the problem with these was that one lot would be very soft, the next so hard they would not even point form.

One head ache after another. All along Richard has been trying to get a contract set up with Sierra and for a long time there was no good news on that front.

Finally, he received approval of the contract with Sierra which will more them likely solve all the problems he been having accross the board as he will be getting Sierras in nearly all calibers.

This has been a huge frustration for Richard, all his customers as well and he knows that, he just refuses to offer a sub par product and when the lot to lot variations grew as large as they were, he just had to do something and it looks like finally, things may me working out finally.

Kirby Allen(50)
Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page:
Unread 11-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the full explanation.

Its nice to know what's up.....
I may be the slowest guy on the mountain . . . . but . . . . I'm on the mountain!