Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

.308 Al tipped Wildcat current status?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member

.308 Al tipped Wildcat current status?

What is available from Richard at the moment in .308? What's the heaviest .308 available in AT? Pics?

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 11-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
What is available from Richard at the moment in .308? What's the heaviest .308 available in AT? Pics?
I spoke to Richard about this around 5 months ago and from memory he suggested a 200 grn in my 1-10 300 rum barrel. Anything bigger he didn't think would stabilize. I think he is back full time on bullets in a couple of weeks. I'm waiting for another batch of 265 338 models.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member

jmden.

I don't think any bullet of any kind is available from Richard.:confused:

I'm flat out of WCs and one of my rifles is designed for them. Things seem pretty quiet up north.......
Old 11-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Platinum Member

Das ist nicht gut! Ya?

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 11-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Gold Member

Jackets

Hi all spoke to Richard a week ago, he has finaly got the ability to purchase Sierra jackets and has a verry large order in with them and will be using them for all the projectiles he can so as soon as they arrive he can start making more projectiles. the other manufacture of jackets he was getting was causing a lot off kulls due to problems and then they were to thin for the large magnums we all want to shoot them in. Richard has been trying his hardest to get jackets and has had some batches not turn up at all from other suppliers.

As soon as I hear anything I will let you know abd I suppose Kirby will know as soon as they are made as I'm sure he has some on order.

Cheers Bill
Australia
Old 11-13-2007, 04:23 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Bill View Post
Hi all spoke to Richard a week ago, he has finaly got the ability to purchase Sierra jackets and has a verry large order in with them and will be using them for all the projectiles he can so as soon as they arrive he can start making more projectiles. the other manufacture of jackets he was getting was causing a lot off kulls due to problems and then they were to thin for the large magnums we all want to shoot them in. Richard has been trying his hardest to get jackets and has had some batches not turn up at all from other suppliers.

As soon as I hear anything I will let you know abd I suppose Kirby will know as soon as they are made as I'm sure he has some on order.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Bill,

Was just interested to see if you have shot the 265 rbbt through your own gun yet ? We have done some early testing with my rifle and have yet to find the secret 11 herbs and spices to get them where they need to be. Any clues ? Just interested to see what you have had success with ?

I think they have been loaded with H 1000. The batch I have are a prototype and I know Richard has a new batch due shortly with some small modifications.

Cheers
Old 11-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
Das ist nicht gut! Ya?
I feel a lot better after Wild Cat's post. If Richard is having those kinds of problems I'll hang in there with him till the last cow comes home.

Its a real PITA bring a product to market that is a few orbits beyond what anyone else is doing. I understand that and can appreciate his situation.

If a thicker jacket in the heavier 277 cal bullet become available and they work, that will put me back where I want to be.