I would like to get some advice from you guys. I picked up a NOS Sako TRG-S (M995) with hopes of taking it on an elk hunt.
- The twist is 1 in 11
- The barrel length is about 23 inches
I tested it out this past weekend and it didn't seem to group with the 180 & 165 grain factory loads. Thanks goodness, my buddy had some 150 grain and I got a decent group with them.
All of the following groups were shot at 100 yards.
- I had a solid support on the front and rear.
- The scope is a new VX-6 3x18.
- The Sako Optilock rings were installed per factory specs (proper inch pounds for various screws) and loc-tite where advised by Beretta USA.
- The wind was 10 to 15 mph from the side and could change directions.
Can you guys please share your thoughts with me based on what you see with these groups?Thanks,