Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics


Reply

.270 win 150 gr Bergerís they really are accurate?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: australia
Posts: 24
Re: .270 win 150 gr Bergerís they really are accurate?

Cheers guys,
thanks for the reply sounds like the vld is worth a shot I finish sorting the sst out first then give the vld a go.
schwabdog do you mind me asking what sort of velocity are you gettinng with your tikka lite with the vld and the sst as im chasing about 2900fps if I can have got approx 2860fps with 58.5grs of 2213sc still playing with both powders ar2209 and ar2213sc may have to weigh up brass life or velocity.

Cheers Rumball.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-07-2012, 04:33 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: AustRaliA - ViCtoRiA B_dale
Posts: 158
Re: .270 win 150 gr Bergerís they really are accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMBALL View Post
Cheers guys,
thanks for the reply sounds like the vld is worth a shot I finish sorting the sst out first then give the vld a go.
schwabdog do you mind me asking what sort of velocity are you gettinng with your tikka lite with the vld and the sst as im chasing about 2900fps if I can have got approx 2860fps with 58.5grs of 2213sc still playing with both powders ar2209 and ar2213sc may have to weigh up brass life or velocity.

Cheers Rumball.
No worries RumBall, Iím running the SST at 2825 and have not yet tried the VLDĒs YET, but they both have the same powder charge 52 gr of ADA 2209
Id dependently play around with the 150 gr SST, as a Hunting Round, CAN NOT AS ENUGH about it ;)
__________________
*If You Herd My Shot You were NOT My Target*
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 121
Re: .270 win 150 gr Bergerís they really are accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwabdog View Post
And I got the best group out of my TIKKA A3 LITE I had ever had.
Just remember this group is out of a TIKKA T3 LITE at 100MÖ.
Iíll have some vids up on YouTube soonÖ.

I see your Tikka having 1:10" twist. So Berger 150gr does stabilize with 1:10" ?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: AustRaliA - ViCtoRiA B_dale
Posts: 158
Re: .270 win 150 gr Bergerís they really are accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmuaythai View Post
I see your Tikka having 1:10" twist. So Berger 150gr does stabilize with 1:10" ?
yes sir, i think it dose just fine 1.5cm groups out of a Hunting Rifle..
__________________
*If You Herd My Shot You were NOT My Target*
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:24 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 121
Re: .270 win 150 gr Bergerís they really are accurate?

Thanks for very prompt response. I've just checked with Berger, and indeed they recommend 1:10" for their 150gr bullets. I've been brain washed by demand for fast twist by recent new bullets.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: AustRaliA - ViCtoRiA B_dale
Posts: 158
Re: .270 win 150 gr Bergerís they really are accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmuaythai View Post
Thanks for very prompt response. I've just checked with Berger, and indeed they recommend 1:10" for their 150gr bullets. I've been brain washed by demand for fast twist by recent new bullets.
Very glad to help, there is a lot of BS out on the web and youíll drive yourself over the cliff
The 270 is amazing, I shot both 110 gr and 150 gr Hornedy bullets and they both shot with in 2inch of each other.
So sometimes you just have to try it (if you never go youíll never Know)
__________________
*If You Herd My Shot You were NOT My Target*
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: australia
Posts: 24
Re: .270 win 150 gr Bergerís they really are accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwabdog View Post
No worries RumBall, Iím running the SST at 2825 and have not yet tried the VLDĒs YET, but they both have the same powder charge 52 gr of ADA 2209
Id dependently play around with the 150 gr SST, as a Hunting Round, CAN NOT AS ENUGH about it ;)
Cheers schwabdog,
thanks for the reply I will stick with the sst I think and have a play with the vlds at a later date.

Cheers Rumball.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: .270 win 150 gr Bergerís they really are accurate?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accurate 7mm mag? RidgeRebel Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 16 12-20-2014 11:20 AM
Hard hitting, accurate load with a .308 168 grain berger bullet. walding1989 Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 36 07-21-2012 12:18 PM
Video interview of Walt Berger and Eric Stecker of Berger Bullets Len Backus Videos Of Tech Stuff And Reviews 6 02-18-2012 11:22 AM
How accurate is accurate enough? Johnny5 Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 9 03-27-2011 11:43 AM
What is accurate? mikekelly Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 15 01-22-2006 11:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC