Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

270 Allen Mag, Extreme Sporter Range test...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Bronze Member

Re: 270 Allen Mag, Extreme Sporter Range test...

Fifty Driver,

You have really tapped into my imagination and grasped my attention, after first looking at the 300rum, well before I bought mine I wished that someone would use that case to base a .277 bore on.
Based on a Rem 700 long action what would you be willing to say the cost of one of these 270 Allen Mags would run (if I sent you just the action, 270 win barrel shot out.)
Damn good work and results.

Bryan

Old 04-06-2005, 10:20 PM
Gold Member

Kirby I have put 65 rounds through it since I got it back and to say the least have been very impressed with the brake! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] It now to me has the felt recoil of a .243! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] The bedding also made a substantial improvement in accuracy. I shot some of the 140 grainers I had loaded before I sent you the rifle and easily put 5 in .437 at 100 yards. The 160's I stepped up to were doing the same and the wildcats I got from Richard are proving very accurate! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] All in all I am very pleased and well satisfied with everything!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks once again for the wonderful work and I hope to soon Have my email fixed so I can quit hijacking your thread!
Old 04-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

7RUMloader,

Glad to hear you are happy with your rifle!!!

GOod SHooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 04-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Silver Member

Awesome data. What do you estimate the cost of the 270 Allen Mag? Sounds like the perfect long range deer/antelope/yote gun I've been looking for.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Silver Member

Does Mr. Allen have a website?
Old 04-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

B1g_b0re,

They do not cost any different them my other Extreme Sporters. Generally will range from $1850 to $2300 depending on option wanted. THis is for a complete rifle with me supplying a new, never fired Rem 700 receiver.

A simple rebarrel and accurizing job on a customers receiver would obviously be much less.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 04-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Lobo,

YOu really need to not use the "Mr." designation, no need for formalities, I think we are all friends here. Sometimes we have heated discussions but still friend!!

No I do not have a web site and the simple reason is because while I would like to have 2 years worth of work on back order, I much prefer to just stay busy and get my customers rifles out within 6 months of ordering.

One of the main reasons I got into this business was because I was sick of waiting 18 months for a rifle only to not have it ready. THis is the main reason I do not have a web site.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me an e-mail at kballen@3rivers.net and I will give you any information you want.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com