Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics


Reply

26 Nosler?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Old 04-18-2014, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 1,378
Re: 26 Nosler?

400 is long range to some folks and further than they should ever be shooting.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 04-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 747
Re: 26 Nosler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
400 is long range to some folks and further than they should ever be shooting.
the only way you will ever get better at long range is to practice long range its not reserved to a select group all it takes is practice there is no such thing as "can't"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-18-2014, 04:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: N.Idaho
Posts: 13
Re: 26 Nosler?

I think it would be comparible to the .204; you can't shoot it to many times at one time but it would be very fast and accurate. Plus it seems you could just buy a new barrel after like 700 shots if it really burns them up.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 76
Re: 26 Nosler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uhBsniper View Post
I think it would be comparible to the .204; you can't shoot it to many times at one time but it would be very fast and accurate. Plus it seems you could just buy a new barrel after like 700 shots if it really burns them up.
Think of it like this, what is the cost of a new barrel every 700-800 rounds as compared to a trophy of a life time. If the recoil is as light as claimed then most people will be able to shoot it better than the 7Rum or any of the hard kicking magnums associated with long range hunting.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 1,378
Re: 26 Nosler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohring3006 View Post
the only way you will ever get better at long range is to practice long range its not reserved to a select group all it takes is practice there is no such thing as "can't"
Practice? What's this you speak of? You mean I can't just buy a long range flat shooting rifle and be good to go? Bummer.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 747
Re: 26 Nosler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
Practice? What's this you speak of? You mean I can't just buy a long range flat shooting rifle and be good to go? Bummer.
yep that's all you need
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-22-2014, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 1,378
Re: 26 Nosler?

I added it up and I put a little over 3000 rounds down range this past year. Too bad reloading components are hard to find. Anyway, back to point, to some folks 400 is LR and too far for them to shoot. I wonder if the LR craze/fad is going to create more issues for the general hunting community and having people think LR is easy. I mean in a way it is any more. The tools of the trade certainly make it much easier than it used to be. Does that give people a false since of security?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC