Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

200 grain Wildcat's at 100 yards - next step

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Official LRH Sponsor
Re: 200 grain Wildcat\'s at 100 yards - next step

Was worried about the same thing concerning velocity loss with the 7 twist so I asked Dan Lilja flat out how much this effects velocity.

His comment was that while it will lower velocity to some degree, it is not nearly as much as most would think. In fact variations from one barrel to another will make a bigger difference in velocity then the twist rate.

He said big velocity drops from increasing twist rates is basically a Wives tale.

Thats from DA MAN himself and I have never found a reason to question anything he says. He knows about 1000 times as much as I do about internel ballistics so I leave that to him and just worry about machining the barrels to shoot to their ability.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)
Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: