Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

200 grain Cutting Edge Bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 200 grain Cutting Edge Bullets

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Forgot the exact terminology, I use them too in a different caliber and have never seated them so deep as to not see it. I would assume it would bulge the neck a little
The seal tite band measures .310 and the shank .3075 on my calipers. If you have a tight chamber and seat it down in the neck very far it might be a bit of an issue? not sure. I am also going to trim my RUM necks down a little to 2.842 case OAL

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Silver Member

It all depends on your freebore. I don't have that much so I had to seat them deep, but I still meet the sealtite band being no deeper than half the neck length that cutting edge recommends. They recommend a free bore of .237" with the C22 but I made it work. They recommended the C21 180 grainer but the .620 BC of the C22 made the choice for me. Judging wind up here can be tricky at times and I need all the help I can get. I trim all my brass to 2.840" every time just as a habit. By looking at my reamer I can trim to 2.850" and still be plenty safe. Old habits die hard. I agree RTK they are deffinately shooters, and very easy to load accurately.

Reuben
Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Gold Member

The designed/desired seating of those bullets would allow the sealtite band to enter the freebore before the driving band makes contact. I'd consider adding some freebore and a longer magazine.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
The seal tite band measures .310 and the shank .3075 on my calipers. If you have a tight chamber and seat it down in the neck very far it might be a bit of an issue? not sure. I am also going to trim my RUM necks down a little to 2.842 case OAL
Rifleman,
I wondered what you meant by CEB's on another thread. Now I know. I might think about giving them a try. Hearing some good stuff. I've actually never heard of them. Thats how new I am to this stuff. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks to AKGuide, as well
Old 03-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Silver Member

Anytime cerwin. Lots of good help here on the site. Only dumb question is the one not asked.

Reuben
Old 03-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Silver Member

I have yet to get any of the 30 cals but I got me a box of Cutting Edge bullets in 375 cal 330 Gr HPBT-Max
they look like mini missiles... the bearing surface doesn't appear to be overly long for such a long sleek bullet, a good thing I guess.. gonna give them a whirl this spring/summer and if they perform well, gonna find myself perched in a high spot in Sept. overlooking a valley I hunt every year, except 2012 where my job kept me from taking my week off for my long range hunt...
ended up doing a late season close range calling hunt...

have several large bull moose in the area I estimate in the high 60's maybe 70" spread and brow palms that look like hands held out palms up..
watched one of the bigger ones shred a christmas tree in a few minutes, looked like a couple sheets of plywood tearing up the tree....

I ended up taking "Satellite" bulls from 55" to 63" from 30 yards out to 650 yards in the last 5 years (yes moose have those too)
still dreaming of a 70" bull moose at a grand +...
sure hope these 375 cal 330 gr CEB's will shoot

anybody take any game with the 375 cal CEB's ?

here's what they look like compared to several other 375 cal bullets
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
200 grain Cutting Edge Bullets-375-cal-bullets-1.jpg  

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud

Last edited by Swamplord; 03-19-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamplord View Post
....still dreaming of a 70" bull moose at a grand +...
sure hope these 375 cal 330 gr CEB's will shoot

anybody take any game with the 375 cal CEB's ?

You & me both! That would be something special. I can't help you with info on them but, if they perform like the 6.5 variety, you will be pretty happy.

t