Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

192 gross muley shot by Len's LongRangeRifles customer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
PUBLISHER

192 gross muley shot by Len's LongRangeRifles customer

Nate H. shot this last fall with a 7 Dakota that I sold him. Earlier he had purchased a 338 EDGE from me.

Long Range Rifles, LLC

Quote:
338 EDGE and 7mm Dakota by www.LongRangeRiflesLLC.com
Nate & Nita H.

I got 2 phone calls from a repeat rifle customer (Nate H.) this week. He had bought a 338 EDGE from me last spring to give to his hunting buddy who frequently hosts him on some pretty nice hunts. Together they attended one of Shawn Carlock's shooting classes this summer.

Nate used one of his own rifles at that class and afterwards decided he wanted something that would shoot as well as the Long Range Rifles, LLC gun that his friend brought to the class. So Nate called me later to buy a 7 Dakota from me. That horsepower and accuracy would enable him to keep up with his friend's new rifle.

So anyway, Nate called me a few days ago to say he had shot his new 7 Dakota. First he took 2 shots to zero the scope at 200 yards. On his 3rd shot he was where he wanted to be on paper. Meanwhile his friend had been shooting next to him and the barrel on his new 338 EDGE (by Long Range Rifles,LLC) needed to cool down a little on the 92 degree day so they were just resting and waiting. Then Nate offered to let his friend take a shot with the new 7 Dakota.

Well, the friend took one shot and the bullet hit Nate's own bullet hole at 200 yards. And Nate had to call me to tell me he's pretty satisfied.

Then Nate called me the very next day again to say he and his wife (who hunts and shoots, lucky man) went out to the range and hit a 300 yard gong with the 7 Dakota. About then a dumb, young coyote walked in sight and Nita nailed it with the 7 Dakota at 185 yards. It has a Huskemaw scope on it, by the way.

So now I am hoping to get a 3rd phone call from Nate saying his wife wants a new gun, too.

-- Len Backus

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors

Last edited by Len Backus; 04-16-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 192 gross muley shot by Len's LongRangeRifles customer

Len,

Great story. Am happy the cusomer is extremely satisfied with your product.

Wow! for his wife also.

A dream was awakened upon seeing the 192 gross score muley. Wsaw a buck a couple of times during a hunt several years ago. The images of that rack are burned into my brain, big time.

I've compared him to every thing that I've seen. I gave him a score of 195 -205, from 1400 yards.

He was as close to a duplicate of the buck in your picture as possible. I'll have to drop my score a bit though as the buck we saw didn't have quite the mass as this fella does. In fact I think his antlers were quite delicate...... But from 1400 yards in failing light and a couple of days after the season was over and the fact that age or wolves have him by now it really doesn't matter.

I'm betting he has some get hanging around that same area. 2012 here I come!

That pic got my blood running.......
Old 04-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Platinum Member

Congratulations on a great buck!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member

That reminds me a a buck burned into my visual library also. In the "Bob" about 20 years ago, didn't think the buck had seen me in a high alpine basin, never took a shot, looked at him at , I thought 500. Wanted one ever since. Great buck congrats
Old 04-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

WOW!!! That's a beauty!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:01 PM
SPONSOR

Very cool Len!