Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Zero Shift caused by light conditions - question for W

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2005, 02:14 AM
Gold Member

Re: Zero Shift caused by light conditions - question for W

Ward,

Many thanks for all your answers! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

3sixbits,

Ward's 'Hoooa' has made me concerned that my last bit to you has been poorly worded; it was/is not intended as a flame! Please accept my apologies if it comes across that way [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It might read easier if it's read in the tone of voice of 3 shooting enthusiasts having a chat over a pint! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] again, apologies if required.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:25 PM

Browndog: "HOOOA" is an expression of agreement, excitement, or in other words, a brotherhood and verbal expression of Right On... It is a good thing and no apologies are necessary.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Gold Member

Hoooa!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Silver Member

And to top it off with iron sights, lights up etc.... is not written in stone. Its varies with the shooter and their perceptions.

I'd have been confused with a scope as I rarely ever use one. Nice info to have.

Jeff
Old 03-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Silver Member

Gee, ever wonder why on most rifle ranges the shooter faces north? Have you fellows never read any of the NRA's publications on the effect of light angle on targets? The answer is, because we see the target differently under changing light conditions. Yes it is true that the phrase comes from iron sight days. But please remember the human eye is easily tricked by light. Ever see a main battle tank in full daylight disappear using light? I think this subject will have to involve some research, hey gents? You guys will cause me to go down to my library and dig out the old AMTU manuals. Hard to believe you don't all have the same books in your shop! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]