Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Zeiss reliability/Quality Control?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 08:35 AM
Silver Member

Zeiss reliability/Quality Control?

Been looking at getting a Zeiss Conquest scope. I noticed that quite a few people have complained about floaties or other issues when they bought the scope and had to return it. It sounds like their cust. service is not as good as Leupold.

My question is;
Has anyone had a problem with their Zeiss later down the road if they got it without any problems?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Zeiss reliability/Quality Control?

Id go and buy the Leupold then...!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member

I have had Conquest scopes since late 2008.....Never had any single issues with either of them. Zeiss has excellent customer service. I have emailed them questions before and gotten quick knowledgeable courteous and helpful responses everytime. I used to sell scopes at the outdoors store, and in my experiences dealing with reps, customer service, and which scopes got sent back with problems the most, Zeiss was one of the best. Swaro has stuck up CS. Schmidt is also snobby. Tasco has awesome. Leupold is good, but those were the most common scopes we had to send back for repairs or reacement. Not sure why, but that was in-fact our most sent back brand.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:57 PM

my buddy had the focus go out internally on his conquest and he sent it out to them and they sent him a brand new one, and he asked if he could change the reticle for a fee and they switched him to the mildot for free
Old 03-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Silver Member

Good to know about their customer service. That has always been a priority for me. I don't have a problem with sending something back if needed.

The posts I have heard have all been about problems when they received them or the rapid z not working with their caliber.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:34 PM
Gold Member

Leupold =good scope
Zeiss= Better scope

Not really close in my opinion
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Silver Member

I have two, one for about four years. Never had a problem. There glass is pretty good for the money. I bought the firtst one second hand. I called Zeiss with questions. They sent me an owners manual for free and told me how to register it online.