Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Scopes and Other Optics

Long Range Scopes and Other Optics Nightforce Optics

Zeiss Rapid Z Reticles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Gold Member

Zeiss Rapid Z Reticles

Gentlemen, unless I missed it, I haven't seen any discussion here about Zeiss' new reticles. Has anyone seen them up close and personal yet? Any thoughts or discussions??

Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 06-26-2007, 01:24 AM

Re: Zeiss Rapid Z Reticles

[ QUOTE ]
...Has anyone seen them up close and personal yet?...
Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

I have shot the 600 and 800 from Zeiss. Any questions?

I work for PFI (Pride Fowler Industries). Just putting that in there as a heads up.

Chad
Old 06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Bronze Member

ccd,
How bout a through-the-scope picture of said reticle?

Would really like to see that. Diagrams on the website are so 90's.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Gold Member

Chad, I like the idea of a through-the-lens pic. I am interested in the varmint version for my 22-250AI. It looks easy to use and uncomplicated. Just wondering how it works and looks in real life is all. I understand that you might be a bit prejudiced, but that's ok with me. So far it doesn't look like many are on the market yet. Thanks for the answer,

Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 06-27-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chad, I like the idea of a through-the-lens pic. I am interested in the varmint version for my 22-250AI. It looks easy to use and uncomplicated. Just wondering how it works and looks in real life is all. I understand that you might be a bit prejudiced, but that's ok with me. So far it doesn't look like many are on the market yet. Thanks for the answer,

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim,
Give me a day or two and I will see if I can get a photo of that reticle from Zeiss. It was not out the last time I shot the Zeiss/PFI lineup so, I have no experience with it.

I'm not even sure if they are shipping yet. I will find out.

What is the data on the 22-250AI? Bullet weight, bc and velocity?

Chad
Old 06-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Gold Member

Chad, The load I am using with great success right now is a Nosler Ballistic Tip, 55gr., B.C. .267, @ 3700 fps. I can push it faster, but it shoots so well I really have no need to punish the barrel any more than I already am. Thanks for the reply. How does the process work, I mean, how does Zeiss use your reticles in their scopes. Do you etch the glass and send it to them, or have they purchased the rights to use that reticle. Just curious. I am impressed with the rapid Z. Thanks again,
God Bless
Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 06-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...Has anyone seen them up close and personal yet?...
Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

I have shot the 600 and 800 from Zeiss. Any questions?

I work for PFI (Pride Fowler Industries). Just putting that in there as a heads up.

Chad

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Chad-- love my PFI scope-- it's the 22LR Rapid that i put on my AR-15. I simply adapted the reticle to the loads trajectory. That compact scope is the perfect combination for a long-range walking varminter on coyotes. My 70 y.o. mom shot a 2.5" gp. @ 425 yds. with that rig, perfectly centered using the reticle for drop/wind. My favorite ballistic/ranging reticle, IMO.

Here's a link to some of the Zeiss offerings--

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_post...=6132&PN=1